• 4 •

My gaze went over to the alarm clock after I woke up. 8AM. A soft groan escaped my lips. An hour left before Soobin comes picking me up. I stood up and stretched my arms. God, I was way too tired. Those overworking nights start to show.

Somehow I managed to drag myself into the bathroom. I quickly stepped inside the shower and turned on the warm water. Exactly what I needed. I closed my eyes and let the water pearl down my body. The only time I was ablento actually get my head off from everything.

After a couple minutes have passed, I stepped out of the shower and wrapped a towel around my waist. With a soft sigh I brushed my teeth and changed into fresh clothes. Since we went to a school, I decided to wear something comfortable. But not too sexy, don't want to give those girls any ideas. I scrunched my nose by that thought. Why did Soobin even decided to go and help out? I will ask him once he's here. Speaking of him. My gaze went to the clock, almost 9.

I just finished dressing up when it knocked on my door. Grabbing my jacket and phone, I opened the door and looked at a surprised Soobin. "What? Didn't expect me to be ready?"

"Well it's a really rare sight. Ready to go?" He asked me.

I nodded slightly. "Yeah, let's go." I followed him out of the building. We walked a while silently next to each other. It wasn't usual for Soobin to be this silent. Normally he's the one talking the most.

After some time we reached the school and stepped inside. Of course all the students were looking at us. I pulled my cap further into my face. I followed Soobin into the sports hall, where all the Cheerleader were waiting for us.

"Ah there you are guys, welcome." The team captain greeted us with a bright smile. She seemed to be happy to see us but her facial expressions changed quickly. "We're still missing someone. Has anyone saw the little monster? Where is she hiding?" She sighs slightly.

I gave Soobin a quick look when the doors opened and another girl stepped inside.

"There you are. Why are you late? Forgot how important that is?"

"Claire, do I look like I care? I don't think so. Now take your minions and leave. I'd like to work without a constant headache."

The team leader, Claire, huffed at the girl. "Careful. You seem to forget where you belong."

"And you seem to forget that I just don't care anymore. And now leave, before I change my mind and let you do all the work."

"You're lucky we're not alone. At least you're useful for once in your life." She turned around and left the sports hall.

The girl turned around and looked at us. "You actually came." She said happily and walked towards Soobin, hugging him tightly.

"Of course. You know I'll always have your back." He looked at me. "I thought I'd bring some help. That's Yeonjun. Yeonjun, Thalia."

"Nice to meet you Yeonjun. And thanks for the help."

"Nice to meet you too. And no need to thank me. Seems like you could use all the help you can get."

She sighs softly and nodded. "Claire and her minions can be a handful. She just came here to play the big boss because she knew Soobin will come over."

"Don't tell me she's still not over me."

She pats his chest, laughing slightly. "It's Claire. She'll never be over you. In her fantasy bubble, you two are already married."

He scrunched his nose. "No thank you. I'll pass."

"Oh come on. She's such a sweetheart. So lovely." She took her jacket off and showed us to have a seat. "We got a lot of work to do. The festival is by end of this week. She's gonna end me if it won't be finished by friday night."

"Why did you even volunteer in the first place?"

"I had no other choise. The director gave me the job. Can't turn it down. And I'm the only one that can handle little miss perfect. Everyone else would have a meltdown."

"She could at least treat you better." He huffed slightly.

"Soobin, we're talking about Claire. She can't treat anyone nicely. She's a biest." She turned her gaze to me. "So you're his friend. How did he bribe you to come and face the devil?"

"As soon as I heard cheerleader, I knew it'll be bad. But if he needs help, I'll go and help. But calling her a devil is still too nice. How do you even handle her behavior?"

She laughs softly. "Defeat her with her own weapons. That's the trick. Give her a taste of her own medicine. Dogs that bark don't bite."

"It's good to see that you finally stand your ground and don't let her hurt you anymore."

"Had to learn it the hard way." She jumped up from her seat. "Okay, let's get started. Over there is a list with everything we have to do. Make sure to cross the things you've done."

And with that said we all started. Now I knew why Soobin came to help. She was his friend. But ehy did he never mention her? Was there a reason for it? They seemed to be close. Maybe he just didn't wanted anyone to know about her. Rumors spread easily. It was funny how she hushed Claire. She really isn't afraid of her.

It was around 11AM when the doors opened and Claire walked inside, inspecting the progress.

"What do you want now?" Thalia asked her annoyed. "Can't you just let us work in peace?"

"I don't remember allowing you to talk. Just because your friend is here doesn't mean you can do what you please. Do I need to remind you about the detention you recently got?" She covered her mouth and gasped dramatically. "Oops."

Thalia clenched her fists. "Right. You mean the detention they took back? Go play your dumb games somewhere else Claire."

"You won't always be able to talk yourself out of every situation." She pushed her slightly out the way and came my way. "And who is this good looking guy?" She traced her fingers down my chest.

I just slightly rolled my eyes at her. "That's none of your business." I flicked her hand away.

Thalia couldn't help herself and giggled slightly. "Your sign to leave sweetheart. Nobody here is interested in your presence. You might break one of your nails."

"It's true what they say." She turned back to Thalia. "Orphans are a little too bold sometimes. You ain't something special just because he's your friend Thalia. We know how this story ends. In the end they'll leave you. Don't get too attached. And now do your job." She left the hall.

"Asking for permission to rip her head off."

"Just don't listen to her. You know she's not right. She's just trying to hurt you." He pulled her into a hug and caressed over her head. "I gave you a promise and I'll keep it. You'll never be alone."

She stepped back and nodded. "I know." She grabbed her jacket and looked at us. "Let's go have lunch break. You guys did amazing so far. The break is very well deserved. And I need fresh air before I change my mind and attack her." She showed us to follow her into the cafeteria, where we grabbed our food and took a seat outside sonce the weather was nice.

╳°»。 ∾・⁙・ ღ ➵ ⁘ ➵ ღ ・⁙・∾ 。«°╳
AU Note; This is Yeonjun's outfit. Of course
he had to take a selca before leaving, to post
on his social medias ;p

 Of coursehe had to take a selca before leaving, to poston his social medias ;p