Chapter 1: Meeting the Scouts

Erza Scarlet didn't know where she was. She looked around to see if she could find something, maybe a landmark that could lead her back to Magnolia, but there was nothing, nothing but a bunch of big ass trees surrounding her. They weren't like the trees in the forests in Fiore, they had to be at least twice to three times as big.
Where am I? What happened? Last thing I remember was that Jellal and I were headed back home to Magnolia from completing a rather dangerous quest. It had a rather hefty price tag of about 500,000 jewels per wizard who participated. Now I remember, on the way home, this 50ft tall creature of some sort came out of nowhere and forced Jellal and I to split up. The creature was unusually fast and agile for its size, not to mention it showed intelligence as well. I hope Jellal is okay, I have to find him.
Erza made her way through the thick forest, moving swiftly and quietly, as not to draw too much attention to herself. Suddenly, and seemingly out of nowhere, a huge, human-like creature emerged from the trees and charged straight for her. Erza had had many encounters like this before, but she'd never had to fight a giant humanoid creature before.
"Requip, Heaven's Wheel! Blumenblatt!" Erza requipped roughly 50 to 100 swords and charged at the creature, slicing off one of its arms. As the scarlet haired woman swiftly passed by the creature, the requipped swords followed her lead and slammed into the hideous creature with full force. The thing fell with a thud that shook the earth around her.
That 'oughta take care of it. She thought, then gasped when she heard shuffling and turned around to see the creature getting to its feet. She also noticed that it was steaming in the same places that her swords had struck it. She watched as the wounds seemed to supernaturally heal themselves. You've got to be kidding me. She thought as she carefully watched the creature in front of her. I need to try something different.
The creature lunged for her, its mouth wide open. She requipped into her Flight Armor and zipped out of the way just as the creature slammed into the ground. She then had another thought. Maybe I'll try the back of the neck. She then requipped into her Clear Heart Clothing, gripping her Benizakura Blade. Erza lunged for the creature and with one stroke, she slashed the back of it's neck with unnatural speed.
She stood there, panting slightly as she kept her sword ready in case the creature were to get up again. But to her surprise, the entire thing started steaming, forcing her to step back. Erza watched as the creature basically evaporated into thin air, leaving nothing but a giant skeleton behind. She was confused. What? Why did it evaporate? This is so weird.
"Erza!" she heard a voice call her name, and looked in its direction. She saw Jellal standing a few meters away. He was slightly battered and bruised, but he was alive.
"Jellal," she sighed and ran over to him. They both embraced each other tightly. 
"I missed you," she said, "Same here," came his response, as he ruffled her scarlet hair. "Wait, I think I see something," Erza said.
"What is it?" Jellal asked.
"It's over that way, I looks like that same creature we ran into earlier," she said, pointing behind Jellal. He looked in the direction Erza was pointing and saw it.
"You're right Erza, plus it looks like it's trapped in something." Jellal pointed out.
"You're right, we should probably go help, we don't know if it was really trying to hurt us," she said, as she requipped into her Heart Kreuz Armor and began running in it's direction.
"Agreed," he replied, and followed closely behind Erza.

Not too far away from where Erza had just slain the hideous beast and met back up with Jellal, the Scout Regiment had managed to trap the Female Titan. Levi Ackerman was standing atop her head, trying to get her to let her guard down.
"Knock knock, we know you're in there. Why don't you make this easy and come on out and stop wasting our time." Levi spoke with his normally calm and collected voice. "Seriously, what can you hope to gain by stalling? If you're thinking we'll let you go, we won't, if you're thinking about trying to escape, don't."
Erwin listened carefully as Levi spoke to the Female Titan, when he suddenly saw a brief flash of yellow light in the distance. The hell was that, could there be another abnormal out there? "You enjoy killing, which means we have something in common. I enjoy killing Titans, but its a start. I'm sure we can still find some middle ground." Could another abnormal really show up this fast? If that's the case, we're walking on thin ice here.
A horrifyingly earsplitting roar shook the Commander from his thoughts, startling him and practically terrifying the rest of the scouts, all except for Mikasa and Levi.
"Nicely done, I almost lost my composure." Levi commented. Up in the trees, Mike arrived to warn Erwin of oncoming Titans.
"They're coming, I can smell them,"
"What direction?"
"From every direction, fast, dozens" as soon as those words left Mike's mouth, Erwin immediately realized what was about to happen.
"Faster on the artillery, gentlemen!" Erwin ordered.
"Here they are," Mike warned, "First wave is closing from the east."
"WAGON DEFENSE SQUAD, INTERCEPT NOW!" The soldiers obeyed the order and flew in to intercept the Titans, but the things just seemed to ignore them and ran straight past.
"What's going on? Damn things past right by us."
"Three titans have broken through!"
"Captain Levi!"
"Hey, what did you do?! You called in some friends, didn't you?!" He said, stomping his foot on the Titan's head. Levi deployed his ODM Gear and easily slashed through the three titans. But just as he'd killed those three, more and more titans flooded towards the female titan.
"The enemy is bearing down from all directions!"
They ignored us and went straight for her? Erwin thought, looking down upon the hectic scene unfolding before him. He finally realized it now. The female titan was about to get eaten alive!
Commander Erwin was about to give the order to defend the Female Titan, when out of nowhere, two people were flanking both sides of the Female Titan. It was a beautiful woman with scarlet red hair and a man with blue shaggy hair.
The woman dodged and weaved with supernaturally fast speed as she sliced through the titans one by one. The blue haired man matched that same speed, if not more so, in fact, he was moving so fast, the titans didn't have time to react. Hell, Erwin could barely keep up with the man himself.
What the hell? Are these a new breed of Titan Shifters? No, they would've transformed by now. And how are they both moving so fast? Who even are these people? These people don't look like they come from within the walls. You're right Commander
"Huh?" Erwin looked behind him to see the same man and woman he'd seen fighting down below. "How the hell?" Erwin said, while looking back and forth from the two people standing in front of him to the Female Titan and back to the two people again. Erwin stood there for roughly a minute or so, simply staring off into space.
"Oi! Erwin, snap out of it!" Levi shouted.
"What? Oh, right sorry..." Erwin finally snapped out of his daze and pulled himself back to reality. He then turned to the blue haired man and scarlet haired woman.
"Alright, first of all, who the hell are you? And why did you interfere with our mission?"
The man sighed and complied with Erwin's order, "I'm Jellal Fernandes, and this is Erza Scarlet," he said, introducing himself and his guildmate standing next to him.
"We're here because we saw that humanoid looking creature down there was caught in a trap and was about to get eaten alive by hundreds of smaller humanoid creatures. I'm going to be honest with you sir, we both had an encounter with that creature down there ourselves."
Jellal explained. Erwin narrowed his eyes and hummed in thought, "Why should I trust you?" he asked. Jellal simply raised his hands in surrender, "We're not here to hurt anybody, we're here to help."
"Jellal, what are you doing?" Erza asked. "Just trust me Erza," he replied.
Erwin looked over at Mike, who leaned over and sniffed of Jellal. The heavenly body mage stiffened, and Erza growled, glaring in the larger man's direction. Mike looked back up at Erwin and gave a small nod. The blonde sighed, "Well then, if you want to know so badly, these supposed 'humanoid creatures' are called 'Titans', and that creature down there in the trap is called the 'Female Titan'. She is also known as a 'Titan Shifter'. This is a human who has possession of a titan's power. They are different from regular titans because they are able to control their form and retain their human intelligence. In order for them to transform, they must physically injure themselves in some way, they must also have a certain goal in mind while doing so. But being injured by someone else will also be just as effective. Their human bodies reside in the nape of the titan's neck, which is where they physically control their titan body."
Jellal and Erza simply stood there and listened to the Commander.
"If the titan shifter can't fight anymore, the human will emerge from the nape of its neck in a semi conscious state. Though the opposite is in effect if the titan form is not completely exhausted, and the human can emerge fully conscious. Titan Shifters can also gain a titan's ability to regenerate, giving the person a supernatural ability to regrow limbs even in their human form. But this will severely deplete their ability to transform for a certain period."
"Huh, that's quite interesting," Jellal said.
"Now that know what these things are, I'd like to know where you two came from?" Erwin asked.
"Well, believe it or not, we live on the other side of the ocean and are here for what's known as a '100 Year Quest'."
One of the other scouts couldn't help but butt in, "Excuse me, but how the hell can you come from across the ocean? How the hell did you get past all those titans? How did you not get eaten? How-"
"Enough solider!" Commander Erwin shouted, returning his attention to the newcomers, standing in front of him.
"Continue..."
"Like I had said a few minutes ago, we ran into that so called 'Female Titan' down there and we're simply trying to get home. But when we spotted her caught in you're trap and saw all those smaller titans beginning to engulf her, we decided we would come and help you out."
"You mean you had an encounter with that b*tch too?"
Both wizards looked up to see Captain Levi standing next to Mike.
Erza finally spoke up, "Yes we did, she was very fast and aggressive, but I don't think she was after us."
The commander looked to Levi, "Have you managed to get her to come out?"
"No, she hasn't budged a damn inch, the b*tch is persistent." Erwin sighed.
"Commander! We need to get back to the walls!" one of the scouts shouted.
"And why must we proceed with this plan, cadet?" the commander asked.
"Because, our supplies are critically low, we've only got enough for a few more days, sir," the scout said.
Erwin thought about it carefully, then looked down at the Female Titan still struggling in the trap they had set, before giving his orders. 
"A lookout team will stay back and keep watch over the titan to prevent her escape! The rest of you, retreat to Colonath District!" Commander Erwin instructed.
Jellal and Erza looked to each other and then back to the Commander.
"You two need to come with us, it's not safe out here,"
"I'm sure we'll be fine, sir," Jellal said.
"That was not a request, Fernandes. That was an order." Commander Erwin said firmly.
Jellal sighed, and relented, "Yes sir," he took Erza's hand and squeezed lightly, with her gently squeezing back.

Next Chapter: A Scarlet Warrior