Chapter 4: New Revelations

"Commander, there's something that we need to talk to you and Premiere Zachary about." Jellal replied, his voice turning serious.
"Oh, and what is that?" the commander asked.
"I have a theory about how the Titan shifter are able to transform and use their powers." said the Heavenly Body Mage.

Premiere Zachary was busy taking care of political duties, that is until he got a visit from the Scout Regiment Commander, Erwin Smith.
"So, this Jellal Fernandes believes he's figured out how the Titan shifter are able to transform and use their powers?" Zach asked.
"Yes sir, but he would like to explain it in more detail himself." Erwin replied, waiting for his answer.
"Alright, let's go meet this, Jellal Fernandes." Zach said, heading for the door.
"Actually sir, both me, Captain Levi, and Section Commander Hange have met him, and quite frankly, his abilities are absolutely amazing." Erwin said with a grin.
"Really now?" Zachary mused,
"Yes sir," Erwin said once more, "He single handedly took down the Armored Titan."
"Huh, now I'm quite interested in meeting him."

Jellal and Erza we're currently waiting in a rather large, mostly empty room, waiting for Erwin, Levi, and Zachary to arrive.
"I know you feel this theory of yours is correct Jellal, but what if it's wrong?" Erza asked.
"It won't be wrong Erza, I can feel it." Jellal replied back.
The doors opened and in came Commander Erwin, with an elderly man following behind, The two men walked over to Jellal and Erza, who stood up.
"You must be Premiere Zachary," Jellal said, extending his hand out to the elder, "I'm Jellal Fernandes, it's a pleasure to meet you sir."
"I've heard from Commander Erwin here that you single handedly took down the Armored Titan." Premiere Zachary said, looking over to the woman standing next to him, "And who might you be ma'am?"
The scarlet haired woman extended her hand as well, "I'm Erza Scarlet, sir,"
"Scarlet huh, that's a beautiful name, " he said with a smile on his face, "Well then, It is good to meet you Miss Scarlet, now we must discuss what we came here to discuss."
Premiere Zachary lead them all over to a large table in the middle of the room.
"Alright," the Commander began, "Onto that theory of yours Jellal, what do you think is happening with the Titan shifters?"
"Well Commander, I believe that when the titans transform, they need to use some sort of energy source."
"Energy Source?"
"It's called Ethernano, and it's what powers our spells and allows us to use our magic." Jellal said.
"And how does this relate to the Titan Shifters?" Zachary asked.
"I theorize, that in order to transform, the Titan Shifters use Ethernano to both transform and fuel their abilities."
"So, what is your general proof of this theory?" Commander Erwin asked.
"Well, considering you guys live in the same world as we do, the Titans have to have a way to transform, just as we have a way to cast our magic spells. Therefore, they draw on a supply of Ethernano to both transform and use their abilities."
"Interesting," Zachary muttered, hands clasped together.
"Well then, is there anyway we can prove this theory correct?" Commander Erwin asked.
"We put magic restricting handcuffs on them." Erza butted in, catching both men off guard.
"I'm sorry, what?" The Commander asked, looking at the two mages sitting across from him and Zachary.
Jellal smirked, "I think it's better we showed you."

Next Chapter: Testing A Hypothesis