Wheels On The Bus

This was the day I would get the bus to school instead of my dad dropping me off.

I pulled on my shoes and ran down the stairs, and pulled out a box of chocolates left from yesterday.

And I stuffed a handful into my mouth and waved my father goodbye, and rushed out the front door.

I spotted the 4 boys walking down the street to the bus stop. I walked behind them, trying to be quiet as I pulled my phone out of my blazer pocket.

"So, I've realized something." A voice startled me. Cameron stood beside me, he had slowed down to walk beside me.

"I seem to lack your number from my contacts list." Cameron smiled. "And we're friends, right? So we should be able to text each other."

Are we friends? I mean, I only met him yesterday. And I may have not had many friends before, but from what I know it usually takes longer than a day to become friends with someone. Or maybe I'm just a loser who doesn't know how to make friends and it does take a day to become friends? Whose to say?

I shrugged my shoulders and gave him a lazy smile. "Sure. Makes sense." I pulled out my phone. "I thought Niki would have given it to you."

"Niki has your number?" Cameron sounded confused. Did she not tell him? "I guess it makes sense since you both already know each other."

So she must have told Karl, and I don't know who else. "Yeah. She has my number." I said, not putting much effort into my speech.

I pulled up my phone number and showed Cam my phone, and he wrote it into his phone. "That's done." He smiled.

We had made it to the bus stop and stood around, waiting for the bus. I pulled out my earbuds and picked a song to play while waiting.

"What class do you have first Techno?"

I was picking up on bits of dialogue from the boys' conversation, hoping that the bus would come.

I ended up pausing my music and turning to Cam. "How long does it take for the bus to get here?"

"Usually 10 to 15 minutes."

My attention span doesn't last long sadly.

"Is it loud? One of those buses that have those annoying kids in them?"

Cam shot a look at Tommy, then looked back at me. "It's quite loud." He paused, seeming to think. "And full of creeps. You should probably sit beside me. To make sure no one weird sits next to you."

That wasn't weird. He was just looking out for me. That's all. Plus, I would rather sit beside someone I did know than sit beside someone I didn't know.

"The bus isn't that creepy." Techno cut in. "Just..full of slurs, and guys moaning at each other for fun."

"So weirdos and shitheads?"

"Basically."

Tubbo and Tommy seemed to be arguing amongst each other, while Techno went back to staring into the void we call life.

I just stared at the area around the bus stop. It was a forest-like or more secret garden. Or both combined. Cottagecore vibes, ya know?