Some Anime Shit

I've never been a big fan of people. I'd rather spend time by myself. It's not like people in my old school cared all that much about me. I only had a few friends that I hung around with, and that was in school only, outside of school I was alone, but perhaps that was my own fault. The ones that didn't hang around me thought that I was weird. Not that I disagreed with them, and it worked out for me, being alone because I'd rather watch Youtube or shows that catch my interest.

So that's why it's so strange that everyone in this new school is so nice. It's like an anime where the protag is this really boring guy but every girl loves him. Now I feel like that, I always thought I would love the attention, but I really don't. Do I even want to go out with Sapnap and his friends this weekend? Is it my style?

Mum's out right now since she's out at work. She and Dad have always been workaholics while I have been the complete opposite. I don't think I've actually seen them that much since we moved here. I crash onto the couch immediately and grab the TV remote, basking in the silence of the house.

I don't really have anything to do today. I could do my homework, but not doing it seems more fun. I could nap as I didn't really sleep last night as I was catching up with my new TV show. Getting dressed seems like the only thing I plan on doing right now, but this couch is too soft to leave and I would rather stay sitting down.

A ping! on my phone distracts me from my thoughts as I pick my phone off the coffee table. I type in my password as a message pops up.

Cameron - 4:35PM

Hey Y/N. Do you mind if I come over?

Huh? I stared at the message, light blinding my eyes. You know, when most people are neighbours they usually come around without telling you before hand. At least polite. I twisted onto my side on the couch and typed out a reply.

You - 4:36PM

Yeah just gimme a sec to get ready

Cameron - 4:36PM

Okay, you can tell me when you're ready.

It took me a little bit to pick out an outfit, but I got dressed quickly. I hung up my uniform in the closet and looked to see the state of my room. It was a mess and if I was allowing Cam over, I didn't want him to see what a mess I am. I picked up my dirty clothes and threw them in my laundry basket and picked up the rubbish on my desk to put in the bin. Once I checked if everything was clean, I set Cam a text.

A minute or two later, I heard someone knock on my door. He was fast. I opened the door to see Cam standing there, hands stuffed in his pockets. He was still wearing a black beanie on his head as brown curls spilled through them. "Hey."

"Hey." I shuffled on my feet. This was the first person I've ever had come to my house. I had once invited someone over but they had declined the offer. Now there was someone who actually wanted to come over and he was here. At my door. Just standing there.

"You know, at this point in the interaction, you invite me inside." Cam smiled as I stared, nothing saying anything. I stepped away from the door, leaving him room to walk inside. "Do you want me to take off my shoes? So I don't get dirt on your floor?" He asked, seemingly trying to fill the silence between us.

I looked down at my feet, a pair of shoes covering them. "Um, no. You can keep them on if you like." Cam moved around the room, scanning the area. He didn't poke through stuff, more looking at how furniture was arranged and how it looked.