Introduction

All rights reserved. This is a copyright story. Anyone who chooses to steal my work will be copyrighted. This book is protected by the copyright law, the terms by which Wattpadd wish for you to abide by. Thank you and enjoy.

This book is fiction, it's not real. None of the images in this book are mine. I am claiming nothing from this book but the context itself.

THE IMAGES AREN'T MINE.

This book is in first person, and in Tyra Blakes POV.

This is a GirlxGirl book, if you don't like this or disagree with this then don't read the book. It saves us all the bother. Thank you.

I really hope you enjoy reading this as much as I did writing it. Now off you go people, let your imagination run wild 🤩!

——————————
—————————

Tyra Blake

She is the one you wished would dig up dirt for you. The one chosen for many things, always someone's first choice in her line of work, but in her personal life, she was never the first choice.

Ever since she was little she was always the last one picked for everything. In school when teams were picked in sports, she was the last one.

When she got to University after following what her parents had told her to do, she was the last picked to get into the course. No one wanted to share a room with her and no one wanted to be friends.

But once she started going against listening to what her parents wanted her to do, she gained the attention. But even when she was recognised and liked by many people, she still felt incredibly lonely, but of course that all came back to the fact that her sister (Lisa) was always more successful than her.

As soon as she hit 18, she was out of the house, choosing to move far away from her family and living life by her own terms, she decided to become a Private Investigator.

When you hear the term PI, you think they're just people being typically rude and sticking their noses in other people's business for the fun of it, and that's exactly what Tyra Blake does, but she does it for the truth and nothing else.

She doesn't find happiness by doing it, because sometimes it can be heartbreaking, but she just wants people to know the truth in their own household. She wants people to know the truth about the people they love, because after all, what is love without the truth? It's a fairytale.

Once she was trained for the job she was chucked between many different law firms, but after a while got bored of the whole partnership thing, and then chose to work by herself.

She has a manager, Alice Lincoln, they didn't really get on but thats what made her exceed in her job. All her manager did was tell her when she was expected to work, and that worked perfectly fine for her.

Having a strict manager meant she was always kept on her toes. But that wasn't hard for her anyway, she had undergone many courses when in University, and her parents had also had her take a self protection course. Which obviously she took. She was always being pushed to do things by her parents, nothing was new to her anymore. She was ready for anything.

Except maybe love. She had never really understood the concept. She saw love as a contraption. It was dangerous and certainly unnecessarily complicated in some cases. She didn't quite follow the idea of loving someone, because she had never really given it or received it. No, she wasn't naive and she certainly wasn't a virgin, but none of those concluded in love.

You didn't need to love someone to have sex with them. Some people do think you need love to have sex with someone and that's perfectly understandable, but for Tyra Blake, she just did not understand the epitome of love. You weren't meant to get hurt, but thats the only thing she had ever seen. Some marriages lead to divorce. Some families lead to adoption. None of that contained love. But obviously if you didn't get hurt then it wouldn't be love either. So what was love?

Her parents had never shown her love, never offered her it, the version she was taught was doing everything they said etc, but she learned that it had nothing to do with love, it was them controlling her life. They wanted her to succeed in the parts of life that they didn't.

Being a PI showed her what love meant, but it didn't mean she all of a sudden understood. She had cases where someone had loved another, and yet they had cheated. How was that love? It confuses her, because if it really was love, you'd never cheat, you'd never betray, you'd just love.

All you need is love, that's all some people want in life, is to find love. And yet you've got loads of people using it as if it was recyclable. It made no sense to Tyra.

Except when she met this girl, she started seeing love differently, and understanding it herself all because she disagreed with how this other girl saw love.

~

~

She'd had a few cases here and there in the past few months, but she hadn't been pushed to her limits in any of them, which is why her manager chose to take this job.

From the Ricard family. She was set to basically spy on the whole family, she was hired by Mr Ricard, and unknown to the rest of the family, she was to spy on them all, even Mr Ricard himself. Whether this was one of those cases when she catches someone cheating on another or not, she was there for the truth, they were Royals, they needed the truth.

Especially when they had heirs to tale over, if they couldn't be trusted then there might not be another, which would mean the end of the reign for the Ricard family. But would that happen? What was going on in that family? What were they hiding?

They were influential. They were rich. They were loved. But they were in danger.

The difference between Tyra Blake and any other private investigators was that she has a life changing secret of her own.

She will find out your secret no matter what, trying to prevent the inevitable would be a waste of your time.

But when she faces her next job, she finds it to be the toughest of all. Because how can she save a family who don't want to save themselves?

——