Chapter 1 ~ Part 3

Tyra Blake

Tyra Blake

"Why did you punch him?" She asked as she sat at the table on the chair opposite me, placing her hands together in front of her. Her body slightly leant over the table, as if an attempt to intimidate me.

"He'd messed up two drugs test! Not one, two. How do you even do that? I mean, by the way he was chucking that thing about, I was ready to give him a fucking drugs test. He pulled me over and wasted my time! Do I look drugged to you?" I asked, acting slightly annoyed to play along.

She would obviously see me as being high because my pupils were tiny today. All thanks to Alice. She'd supplied me with contact lenses that were invisible to the naked eye, and that made my pupils look really small. Courtesy of the company of course.

"Yes. Now because you failed to co-operate with the road side test, you'll have to take another one here. I would say you're lucky because you've had a good hour for it to wear off, but the size of your pupils now tell a whole other story." She explained.

"Co-operation works two ways officer, if you expect me to abide and do the test, he's got to know how to fucking give me it in the first place." I ranted, shaking my head in mock disappointment.

"He is a student police officer, he won't know everything about the job." She huffed.

"Well who the fuck taught him then, Inspector Clouseau?"

She ignored me and stood from the table and came round, yanking me up from my chair and pulling me towards the door.

She tapped twice and the door opened, causing me to roll my eyes to which she caught on to.

"What?" She snapped.

"Two knocks to be let out, how complex." I said, bored.

She ignored me once again and lead me down the brightly lit corridor, stopping at another door that was already awaiting our arrival.

——————

2 hours later I was released from the police station, because obviously the test came back negative. The princess wasn't very happy about that, because she could see the size of my pupils, but she had no right to keep me so I was let go.

"Alice, I need you to find the address of the princess's old school or university. I've gotta start somewhere and I think they'd have all sorts of records." I said.

"She went to UCL, you know where that is." She said simply, ending the call.

~

~

Of course I knew where that was, I had been to that one. She was what? Two years younger than me, surely I would have seen her around at some point.

I headed towards Euston Square, not being that far away anyway, I would be there in a few minutes.

~

~

She seemed to have proved to really have control over that entire Police Station and to be honest, I'm surprised she didn't go out of her way to charge me.

Once she had done the drugs test it had seemed the officer I had punched had dropped the charges, perhaps I had done a job for his family or something and chose to be kind back.

I didn't really care because I didn't have the whole bother of going to court to be put in prison to be then let out the day after anyway. What a waste of valuable time.

I needed anything I could get from this place, grades from all terms, attendance. I needed absolutely anything, because even the slightest thing could help me find out what's going on in the Ricard family.

And just because the King had hired me didn't mean I wasn't going to look into him too.

He was no exception, but that was stated on the contract when he'd signed it for Alice. It made no sense to me what he thought could have been going on, but I'd need to have a word with him for an explanation. He was suspicious of something, but the context or detail of what was unknown to me.

He hadn't told Alice what he thought was going on or why he had hired me, because it states nowhere in the contract that he had to, but I really did need to speak with him about it.

The only problem with that would be that the Princess would always be around and so would the Madame herself. She truly was a lovely person, but it's what's behind the act that counts. Just because they were viewed as nice people in the press and had never been seen to have been bad people didn't mean they weren't.

I had no clues yet, I knew it must have been severe because the man of the country himself hired me, but what could be so compelling that's happening, for him to hire an investigator, between the three of them.

But something was going on and I had every intention of stopping and absolutely nothing to find out what.

It couldn't be that bad though, surely. Could it?

——