Think I'm Crazy

(Viren's POV)
I walked into the war room and looked over all the guests. "Now, to further discuss our attack on Xadia. I have made charts of each individual's skill set and proficiency based on the information each ruler has sent me." I said, laying down the charts.
"You've placed your own soldiers in key battle positions. Quite cocky and risky, is it not?" Aaravos said in my ear. I almost jumped out of my seat. My spine was jolted upright as I spoke under my breath.
"Naturally, I intend to win this war after all."
Prince Kasef cleared his throat. "I'm talking to you! Your ranking sytem is clearly skewed! You're treating this like a joke!"
"I assure you I'm very serious about this." I said, folding my hands.
"Your people are not the only ones who are strong, all of us are!" Kasef said, slamming his hand down on the table. At this point, there was an uproar. Everyone started talking over each other and it was getting louder by the minute. I pinched the bridge of my nose.
"What about a physical assessment in the form of an obstacle course? Testing defense, offense and athletics of every soldier." Aaravos whispered in my ear and a chill ran down my spine.
"An excellent idea." I stood up. "What about a physical assessment of every soldier. We will each help record the capabilities and tier the soldiers based on that."
"Fine." Kasef crossed his arms.
Queen Aanya uncrossed and recrossed her legs. "I think we should access each other's soldiers. Clearly you two have too much bias."
My face twitched bit I smiled. "Very well, we shall all do our best to give accurate and fair assessments of each other's soldiers."
Aanya nodded. "You too, Viren." She stared at me and I stared back.
"Naturally." I stood up, taking a deep breath. "Let's start on that. We'll have to propose various tests. I think swordsmanship should be one."
"Why not spears instead?" Prince Kasef suggested.
"Archery would give some diversity. How about horseback riding as well?" Queen Aanya chimed in.
I tapped my fingers with impatience. "Sounds like this suggestion has received favor." Aaravos whispered.
"It does sound that way." I agreed.
Prince Kasef crossed his arms. "What does that mean? That isn't an adequate response to our suggestions."
I blinked and furrowed my brows. "I beg your pardon?"
"You said 'It does sound that way', what does that mean?"
I laughed. "Oh, forgive me. I have a tendency to think out loud from time to time. Yes, those are all excellent suggestions! We should have an endurance test as well. Any suggestions?"
"Some sort of marathon? Like swimming or jogging maybe?" Prince Kasef suggested.
"What about those old myths where they had to do both back to back?" Queen Aanya chimed in excitedly.
I nodded. "Yes. Those are excellent ideas. I will start creating the plans and we will discuss them in our next meeting." I said, closing the large book of records and beginning to walk out.
As the door closed, I heard Kasef say: "I think that old man is going mad."
I clenched my jaw and continued walking. "Is it time?" Aaravos asked. Goosebumps appeared on my arms as I thought of it.
"Indeed. Right after I check in with my children, I'll be headed that way."
"Very well." He answered.
I walked up to Soren's door with a deep breath. I honestly wasn't in the mood to talk with him but it had to be done. I knocked and I heard him shout. "Hang on!" In a few minutes, he was at the door. He had a towel around his neck and a toothbrush in his hand. "Oh, hey Dad! How did the meeting go?"
I sighed. "It went fine. We're planning a sort of obstacle course to ready all the soldiers for battle."
"That sounds fun! Tell me about it?"
"No, it will give you an advantage if I do." I answered.
"That would be best, would it not? That way your son is more likely to get a higher rank. Having him in a higher position will give you more control over the situation if any soldiers were to turn rogue." Aaravos suggested.
I nodded. "You're right..." I rolled my eyes.
Soren smiled. "I am? About what?"
I clenched my jaw. "Not you." I sighed again. "These are the notes I took from the meeting. When we have a full scale plan, I'll tell you more. But you cannot tell anyone, do you understand?"
"Yep, wow! This is so cool! Thanks, Dad! This'll be so much fun!"
"Yeah, yeah." I waved him off. "I have to go see your sister and review those. Good night." I took the plans and left for Claudia's room.
I knocked on her door. "Claudia?"
"Oh, be there in a sec!" She shouted before proceeding to not come to the door. I knocked again, this time she answered. "Dad, hi! I'm working on this new spell that will give people more energy with just a drop!"
I put my hand on my chin. "Yes, very nice. Keep up the good work, I may use that for our next exercise."
"That's awesome! We could test it out!"
I nodded. "Yes, yes. Very good! I'll see you in the morning."
"Good night, Dad!"