3- ʜᴀᴘᴘʏ ᴄᴏɪɴᴄɪᴅᴇɴᴄᴇ

"As long as you throw away pride and reason, love is easy to lie about"

lyrics from: Call boy

Yoshie's POV:

Yawn...

"5 more minutes..." Hano Keiko, my close friend, whispered from her seat, loud enough for me to hear, I relaxed my shoulder and nodded, history class is the worst, well for me, how could I memorize dates of events that happened decades ago when I can't even remember my childhood?

The teacher sat on his seat, legs crossed as he scrolled on his phone, waiting for us to finish taking the notes so he can move on to the next lesson, and everyone decided to write as slow as a turtle to prevent him from doing so, and so far, our plan is working.

The bell rang, and everyone hurried outside the classroom, the teacher not bothering to look up from his phone's screen, my friend stood in front of the classroom's door, plugging in her earphones and tapping her foot, waiting patiently for me to follow her onto our weekly visit to our local ice cream shop.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"Yoshiiii" hearing her imitate the Mario sounds always brought a smile to my face, pulling down my mask, I take a bite out of the cookies and cream ice cream, "Yeah?" Looking up at her, I see her snicker and sneak a bite out of my ice cream "Did I ever tell you that I think you're really pretty?"

I raise an eyebrow at her, playfully, and I steal a bite out of her vanilla-flavored ice cream, "You know, that's pretty gay" she pushed my shoulder playfully, spending time with her was always refreshing, I didn't have to hide my face, wear my mask, she already knew the reasons for it so I didn't mind...

Our quiet chit-chatting was interrupted by a loud whine coming from one of the boy customers, "So you're telling me, there aren't any flags on ice cream? BORING!" I look back and see a blonde short boy, who seemed to be around the same age as me and my friend, accompanied by a tall, also blonde boy with a dragon tattoo on his scalp,

ouch... that looks like it would have been painful...

"No... I'm sorry, we only give these mini parasols, but we ran out of them" the worker's response certainly didn't satisfy the little guy, and his friend looked more than done with him, whining and crossing his arms like a little baby who lost his popsicle...

"Oh my god, he's so loud, can you try one of your deadly kicks on him? I think my ears are starting to bleed..." Keiko covers her ears while squinting her eyes, the shop was small so there weren't any other customers except for us, I grab the tiny parasol that slowly falling off my ice cream that was melting,

I walk towards him, handing it to him while forgetting to pull my mask up, he gives me a weird look before his eyes landed on what I was holding, they soon lit up with excitement as he takes it quickly, celebrating it as he handed it to the worker so she can carefully put it on his ice cream,

"Thank you, I'm sure he would have been grumpy all day if you didn't do that..." he sighs in defeat, and I smile back while nodding "it's nothing, it's not like I needed it anyways" He rubs the back of his neck while looking at his friend who's receiving his order, "I usually carry around this small flag for him, but I didn't know he would want one just for an ice cream-"

"Draken-kun! I'm here!" A familiar voice cut him off mid-sentence, and I froze in place, not knowing what to do when my eyes met his purple ones, before I could say anything to excuse myself, the small blonde boy yelled on top of his lungs cheerfully, "DRAKEN-KUN! SHE'S ONE OF US NOW!"

.

.

.

what?

"Absolutely not."

- - - - - - -

Sorry for the short chapter, I just really felt like posting this :))