you me and the silence

"Sorry I don't give you attention like you want me to..."

Silence enveloped me as I entered my home

Silence enveloped me as I entered my home. Pristine marble floors and high ceilings were my only greeters. The lavish house was beautiful, my mother's knack for decorating was clearly seen throughout. I didn't expect much, mom already promised she would be home in time to make dinner. I pondered on calling my father, still working from his Dallas headquarters.

"No, he's probably busy right now." I thought.

Neither of my parents came from old money, both worked extremely hard to be in the positions they were today. My mother being an interior designer for nearly every celebrity domestically and abroad. I loved what she did and considered taking on the business after college. Then there was my father, he owned a large marketing firm. He advised some of the largest companies in the world and had many important clients.

Instead, I settled for playing music. A song by LOVA came on shuffle first. "So listen up your highness, here's the truth." Dancing around to the music was freeing. All the bad vibes from today washed away momentarily.

I was still hurt that my cousins kept important details from me but my anger subsided. Well I wasn't angry with them but the gossip girl account, well that made me furious.

No one stalks Serenity Winters, my privacy was the one thing more valuable than money.

Time passed slowly, giving me time to rationalize my cousins actions. "It's not like them telling me would have kept the account from taking the pictures." A groan tumbled from my mouth, it was so hard to stay mad at them.

There wasn't much homework to complete as it was the first day. Revising notes and giving them the Serenity touch was my only escape from boredom. The classics notes were done last, my hand carefully fixing the notes for Aki. If this was his last time borrowing notes these would be the best notes ever.

Not that I cared what he thought or anything...maybe just a little.

After finishing with the notes, I pulled out my phone and went scrolling through instagram. Surprisingly, there were a few new follow notifications. Curiosity took the best of me, it seemed the quotes I wanted to read would have to wait.

The first names were all Julien's friend and each of them was graced with a follow back. Strange names were either ignored or blocked, there was no point in following people who only cared for drama.

My thumb twitched back and forth as I contemplated if I should check their instagram pages. In the end, I was on my favorite motivational quote account. Inspiring quotes filling my brain, some staining my heart as well.

Before long there was the sound of a key in the door, heels clacking against the tile. A soothing, dulcet voice flooded the once silent foyer. Warmth spread through my body at the sound, mom was home.