11

It was starting to get dark when the boys had returned to the main building, coming to meet Namjoon and Yoongi on the top floor. True to Namjoon's prediction, the group had spent the whole day in the sports hall and came back fairly tired.

They all huddled around in thick layers of blankets as they ate, as was the norm now, owing to the lack of heating in the building and the unrelenting winter outside. Throughout their dinner, Namjoon went over everything that he and Yoongi had figured out throughout the day that would make watching easier for the rest in the future.

"I also think it'll be for the best that we record as much as possible," the teacher said. "I've left a notebook on the window sill. Whoever is watching will have to write down everything they see. That way, we'll be able to spot any patterns that are consistent over time and that will definitely make things easier and less stressful for us in the future."

Once the boys were finishing eating, the question of what duo was to keep watch overnight came up, to which Jimin volunteered straight away, Seokjin raising his hand right after.

"I don't mind staying up," Jimin insisted when questions of uncertainty were voiced. "You guys sleep and get some rest. Plus, I spent my whole day sitting around, unlike some lunatics who must be absolutely exhausted now. It's best that I watch."

"Same goes for me," Jin spoke up. "I wasn't active at all today so I'll stay up with Jimin."

"All right. That's settled then. You two should go wash up as soon as you're finished eating and try to take a nap. You might end up being groggy but sleep is sleep and it'll hopefully help in the long run," Namjoon said.

Since the both had finished eating, Jimin and Jin decided to leave, so as to come back as quickly as possible. They agreed that it was best for them to just go to the bathroom to brush their teeth and wash up over the sinks to save time. By the time they had returned, it was agreed that Namjoon and Yoongi would be the next to wash up, since they hadn't been able to do so in the morning. Taehyung had offered to keep watch until they returned.

"Just saying this in advance, we'll be sleeping in a room down the hall," Namjoon spoke up. "Jimin and Jin will probably be talking a lot to keep themselves awake, so this way they won't have to worry about waking us up. Also, I checked earlier and the blinds on the windows are all drawn so we don't need to be extra cautious to make sure we're not seen or anything."

The students all nodded in understanding.

"Um, I'd also like to say something," Yoongi said, Namjoon smiling at him encouragingly. The boys looked at him in curiousity while he fidgeted nervously. "I'd like to apologise.

"I want to apologise for all the rude comments I made at the beginning, acting like I was all better than or something. It was stupid. I want to particularly apologise to you, Jin," he continued, now looking at the mentioned boy. "I was a massive asshole, forming an opinion of you based on an experience that has nothing to do with you, without getting to know you. You've probably had to deal with that kind of attitude a lot, and yet you were still patient with me and treated me with kindness. I didn't deserve that, I still don't, but I am really sorry for everything.

"You guys don't know how grateful I am that I met you. I really hope that we can become good friends and continue to be after all of this is over. I hope that with time, you'll feel more comfortable around me, although that may be a lot to ask. I just really wanted to apologise."

The boys seemed surprised by this speech, although they were all smiling. "Yoongi," Hoseok spoke up, "I know I speak for everyone when I say that we're really grateful that you're here too."