4

"Wait, why are we locking doors now?" Yoongi asked, clearly opposed to the whole idea.

Namjoon merely brushed him off with a "For convenience," and continued with where he had left off. "For those of you who don't know, I'm Mr Kim. But before we get to know each other better and we start talking about why you're here, I'm going to need to take samples of your blood." By some reactions, although fleeting, Namjoon could already tell that the results of this meeting would be very promising. As much as he hated the amount of fear he was probably injecting into most, if not all, of these students, he hoped that they'd soon be able to see his intentions and forgive him.

Before Mr Kim could say anything more, the late blond stood up, pointing an accusatory finger at the teacher. "No. First locking doors and now extracting blood?"

"I'm sorry, I didn't quite get your name." Namjoon responded.

"Min Yoongi," the student in question replied proudly.

"Right, Mr Min. Please explain what's making you feel so apprehensive. Do you have reason to get so defensive?"

"Well, for starters, you're disregarding our human rights. You herd us all in here, lock the doors, and insist on taking samples from us. I'm not a lab rat."

"Aren't I simply exercising my rights as a figure who has legal authority over you?"

"They're not rights. They're privileges that you're abusing and distorting in accordance of your will," Yoongi spat.

"So are you trying to say that my power over you is corrupt?"

"Yes."

"Okay. So what's your say on the government's power?"

Yoongi visibly paled, suddenly looking nervous, almost panicked. No matter what, you weren't to speak out against the government. Unless you wanted to get taken away that is. Had he gone too far? He was meant to be careful, yet here he was, running his mouth to someone who was probably working with the government. He was a teacher, for god's sake, one working at the best universities in Daegu at that.

His eyes flitted warily to Seokjin then back to Namjoon. "What are you trying to say?"

"I don't know, Mr Min. What am I trying to say?" Namjoon's amused smile turned into a warmer one as he let his facade drop. "Your attitude tells me a lot about your views and opinions, and believe it or not, I think they're very valuable. Some may see you as hard to handle but I think you'd make a very important part of the team. But I need to get through this part first, so with all due respect, please allow me to do so as quickly as possible.

"If you don't want to be here, you can leave. You came here in accordance of your own free will. I asked for the door to be locked for the sole purpose of privacy, with the assurance that since you willingly came here, you would stay and hear me out. Should you wish to leave at any point, the door will be unlocked. Okay?"

Yoongi nodded, now sheepish but hesitant nonetheless, as he seated himself once again.

Seeing this, Namjoon turned to the rest of the students, smiling encouragingly at each of them in turn. "Right. Can I begin now? Or are there any more issues that need to be addressed?"

After a brief silence, Mr Kim took out eight syringes, a needle attached to the end of each one, and a couple of blank stickers. He gave each student a sticker, saying, "I want you to write your names on the name tags that I'm giving you, please. Once I draw your blood, I'll attach your sticker to the corresponding syringe. Is this okay with everyone so far?" The boys nodded, although still hesitant.