Chapter 1: Reunions

"Well I've already baked him a cake, so he better come!" I giggle, on the phone to Caroline.

"And I've got the balloons ready, so I think we're all set!" Caroline replies.

I pause. "I can't wait to see Damon, but it's such a shame about Bonnie."

"Yeah, I know. Hopefully Damon will have a plan to get her out too."

I hang up and place my phone on the countertop. Perching myself on a stool, I stare around at the Salvatore mansion. Caroline and I have decorated it well, so Stefan and Damon better turn up. Absentmindedly, I stick my finger into the buttercream frosting on the cake, which I iced on 'Welcome back Damon' with a terrible icing drawing of a vampire on it.

I glance over at myself in a dusty mirror hanging over the kitchen sink. My cropped blonde hair bounces on my shoulders in its usual style. The front two pieces twisted back and secured with bobby pins. My small face stares at me, my baby blue eyes filled with sadness and excitement. I wipe my hands on my dress, smearing cake crumbs down its lacy blue embroidery. Flicking them off onto my white converse, I get off my stool and decide to wait in the living room.

Patting a passing balloon, I slump down onto a velvet red sofa looking out of the grand windows. The sky is dusted with swirling clouds, tickling the mountains of Mystic Falls. Sighing, I turn to face the grand door longing to hear the familiar knock sound.

Even though Bonnie is still wherever Damon was, I am ecstatic to see nearly everyone back together again. Maybe the return of Damon will bring us all back together again as we have all drifted apart. Stefan moved away, Elena has been non stop grieving, Jeremy started taking drugs again and only God knows where Matt and Tyler are. Only Caroline and I have kept close, hoping everything would fall back together with a simple put on smile.

My gaze darts once again towards the door as I hear a firm knock. A grin instantly plants itself on my face and run towards the door. I swing it open, swatting stray streamers out of my way.

There stands, Stefan, Elena, Matt, Tyler, Caroline and Damon.

"Damon!" I exclaim, running into his arms.

He chuckles at my reaction, wrapping his muscular arms around me.

"It's good to see you Damon." I whisper into his ear.

"It's good to see you too, Ali-bear." He replies, his warm smile in my hair.

I jump out of his arms and greet the others, inviting them in.

"Woah, Ali. You sure did decorate the place!" Stefan says.

"Hey! I decorated!" Caroline protests, shoving him playfully.

"And I made the food.." I say, opening the door to the kitchen revealing the vast display of food.

_________

Hours later we all sit, full, at the table.

"That was amazing." Matt says, rubbing his stomach.

I bow, jokingly.

"So, Damon.. What was it like?" Jeremy asks.

"Four months repeating the same day over, over and over again. It was horrific." Damon says, swinging his bourbon up to his charred lips before gargling it down.

"What day was it?" Stefan questions.

"May tenth 1994." Damon replies, his blue eyes meeting Stefan's hazels.

There was an awkward pause, before Caroline decided to break the silence.

"So, how exactly did you get out?" She asks.

"Well, May 10th was a night of a solar eclipse. To get out we had to harness the power of the eclipse to an ascendant using some Bennett magic. But unfortunately only I got out, because this psychopath who was there with us decided to shoot her with an arrow." Damon explains.

My eyes widen as my ears and brain click together.

"D-did this psychopath get out?" I stutter.

All heads turn to me.

"Why do you care?" Elena says. "The problem is Bonnie didn't get out!"

"W-well I mean they could be dangerous.." I recover.

"Yes, Alison he did." Damon says, but he is interrupted by a sharp rap on the door.

"I'll get it." I mumble, shock filling my veins.

My mind spinning, I answer to the door to witness something that turns my muscles to jelly and my blood to ice.

There he stands. My beautiful psychopath.

A/N:
Sorry this chapter isn't very long, but I wanted to get to the point! Hope you enjoyed and if you did don't forget to vote and comment! Also the picture is of what I think Alison might look like!