Chapter 10: Our Story Begins

Damon's nostrils flare with anger, confusion and betrayal sparking his eyes. In a way I understand where he's coming from, when I saw Bonnie and Kai kiss I felt the same way but I love Kai and Damon is like my big brother.

Kai raises his hands in surrender, and then glances over to me, his eyes looking into mine seeing if I had any ideas of how to explain this mess. I didn't.

"Look, Damon, he's changed." I start, only to be cut off by Damon.

"Don't fall for his trap, Ali! He'll just stab you like Bonnie. Of course he hasn't changed. He's a psychopath and all ways will be! Please, just get away from that disgusting murderer, I can't see you and Bonnie getting hurt. I just can't. Anyway, Malachai. I really think you should leave. You've got Bonnie, we let you stay outside of your welcome. Just go." Damon declares, his arms waving around in exaggeration.

"It's Kai, actually." Kai whispers, his hair gently brushing his face. He gives Damon a small smile before saying, "You're right Damon, I should leave. All I've done is caused you all harm. Bonnie, you, everyone. I'm sorry, I will leave and give Bonnie my deepest apologies - inform her she will never have to worry about me again."

He starts forward before I touch his arm, making him stop and gaze back at me. His eyes are full of pain, but he still smiles reassuringly. Like he did the night before Kai faded away and Malachai emerged from the mist.

"I can't, Ali." He whispers, brushing my touch away.

"Please, Kai. We can explain to them, make them understand." I plead, my expression heart broken.

Just as you think your world is starting to melt back together, it blows up, leaving pieces scattered so far that I can't even see them anymore.

"Explain what?" Stefan asks, curiously. He enters the room, surprisingly cheerily, shopping bags on each arm. He obviously didn't hear the conversation beforehand and judging by his eye line he hasn't noticed Kai and me either.

He grins at Damon, "Bonnie is much better, she -"

"Good, I'm glad." Kai interrupts, and I wince as if he just dropped an expensive glass.

Bad move, Kai.

Stefan lurches forward, "What is he doing out of his cell?!"

Instinctively, I jump in front of Kai.

"You should have seen what he was doing a minute ago." Damon smirks, feeling superior that he's in the know.

"I was just leaving." Kai says, clearing his throat nervously.

"Leaving where?" Stefan asks, suspicion rising up his expression.

"Far away from all of your harm." Kai says, one of his hands surrendering the other on my -. He takes it off hurriedly, noticing the mistake.

"You didn't." Stefan hisses, once again leaping towards Kai, this time pushing me out of the way.

"No!!" I exclaim, "Please let us explain, Please!"

"Fine." Damon and Stefan narrow their eyes.

They sit down on the plush seats of the Salvatore Mansion's living room, sitting expectantly on the edge of their seats, as if ready to pounce.

Kai looks deep into my eyes, before clearing his throat anxiously.

"Ready?" He whispers to me, his hand curling into mine.

"Always." I breathe, my eyes already misted with the ghost of the past.

"Our Story begins in early 1990," Kai starts, before we both disappear into the memories of before.

A/N: I know this is a very short chapter, but this is basically the prologue of my new story about Ali and Kai, about their lives beforehand. If you have any questions about Beautiful Pyschopath, please feel free to leave them in the comments, however please keep in mind that a lot of those questions may be answered in the next book. If you did enjoy this book, please stay tuned for the next! Thank you for all your love and support, it always brightens my day. Xx