Chapter 5: Love, Hate

"No!" Damon shouts, grabbing Bonnie by the waist and dragging her back away from Malachai.

Bonnie claws the air, viciously, before raising her eyes to Damon's. They burn with anger, sparks flying in her pupils, glaring.

"You have to forgive him." Damon breathes.

"Forgive him?! I don't know if you're unaware he shot me in the stomach with an arrow?!" Bonnie screams, her voice ringing around the ashes of the Gilbert house. The group stand behind Damon, who is wrestling Bonnie, in shock. When Malachai said that he wanted Bonnie to forgive him, most of them thought that would be easy. After all, Bonnie is mostly a forgiving person. But the rage glittering in her irises tell otherwise.

"Look, Bon, I know this is hard. But if you don't, he will kill everyone you love." Damon exclaims, his eyebrows pleading her to give in. Most of the people Bonnie loves are also very dear to Damon.

I look over to Malachai, who is standing watching the scene, his hands raised in the air in surrender.

"Bonnie, I am sorry - really, I am. Might be hard to believe, but I do care about you..." Malachai says, his voice is so full of pain, I have restrain myself from running into his arms. His voice reminds me of his old self, but in his eyes all I see is a murderer.

"Are you kidding me? You shot me, you left me and well you murdered your family!" Bonnie exasperates, terrorised by the fact he is wanting forgiveness.

"Enough." I whisper, but loud enough for my voice to hiss through the tense wind whipping around us conjured from Bonnie's rage. It whistles angrily, picking up the ashes of the house and swirling them around in a tornado shape.

Malachai's eyes flicker over to mine, confused. Immediately, I look away. What I said was instinct; whenever someone mentioned Malachai's massacre of his family, I always attempted to defend him. Not that that ever worked out well for me. But, Kai was driven to insanity and his rage was all he could focus on. He was simply to hurt to care.

"Let's go." Stefan says, breaking the deafening silence ringing in our ears.

_________

Bonnie's POV:

My reflection stares at me through the rusty mirror in my new room at the Salvatore residence. The face I once knew and expected is no longer there, instead it is filled with anger and rage. I thought once I came back to reality, I would be bloated with happiness. I wouldn't be alone. But now that I've seen the face that has been boiling my anger filled side of me, I can't help but be angry.

I flinch as my curling iron sizzles my skin on the side of my neck, hissing in pain. Cursing in pain, I switch my curling iron off and lay it on my new dressing table. Clutching my neck, I stumble over to one of the many bathrooms, my face screwed up in pain.

The door squeals open as I hear footsteps approach me. Curiously, I turn my head. The pain from the burn immediately leaves my mind as rage steams out of my nostrils.

"What do you want." I hiss, clenching my fists into tight balls.

"I just need the bathroom, don't worry I don't have a bow and arrow." Malachai winks, stepping closer towards me.

"Well, I was here first." I say through gritted teeth.

Malachai raises his hands in surrender, a playful smile tickling his lips.

"Wait, Bonnie. Could I talk to you for a minute?" He says surprisingly softly.

"If you really feel the need." I roll my eyes.

"Well, I was thinking. You and I we're not that different. Both stubborn, -" He starts.

I laugh sarcastically, "We're not similar at all, you're evil and I'm good."

"Just here me out! I've been having all these weird thoughts and you hating me is not helping me get rid of them!" Malachai exasperates.

My eyebrows crease in confusion.

But before I could say or do anything, Malachai's lips come crashing onto mine.

A/N: Plot twist! Sorry for the short chapter, but seeing as a lot of you are enjoying this fan fiction in thought I would update again! What are your predictions for the next chapter? Thanks for reading, don't forget to vote and leave a friendly comment, xx