Nekoma's Manager🏐📋

(Here's my first drawing of Yumi Katana!!)

Enjoy the chapter lovelies <3

Sunny☀️

✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨

"No."

"Oh come on Yumi, please!!" Kuroo begged the golden-brownlette.

"No way... negative... I could never become your team's manager!" Yumi sighed, avoiding Kuroo's gaze.

She knew well enough she would crumble if she met Kuroo's gaze. He was very passionate about volleyball, hence why Yumi knew she'd falter if she peered straight into those determined dark orbs. It wasn't that Yumi disliked volleyball, for she was a huge fan of the sport. After all, it was what brought her to meet Kuroo and Kemna; who are her very best friends. And naturally, she developed a love for the game alongside them.

She didn't have anything against Nekoma's team, she'd observed their play throughout her middle school years; when she'd come to their matches to show her support for Kuroo and Kenma. From her perspective, they all appeared to be kind people, and ideally, being their manager devises a perfect opportunity to befriend the team as she envied. However, she doubted her abilities. As their manager, she would take on a load of responsibilities, and Yumi didn't believe she could live up to their standards. She was also relatively soft-spoken and preferred to stay in the shadows of the crowd. Being the manager would put her upfront and center, could she handle all that attention?

So despite both Kuroo's and her inner voice's pleadings, she declined the opportunity.

Fortunately though, Kuroo knew Yumi like the back of his hand. He could see the small spark in her eye when he first mentioned about her becoming the manager, and that was enough for him not to give up.

"If what's holding you back is self-doubt, then you better get rid of it. Anything you put your mind to Yumi always results in the best." Kenma voiced, pausing his game to look up from his device. It wasn't often for Kenma to suspend his game, but for his best friend, he'd do so. Plus, he too wanted her to become the manager, she was easier on him than Kuroo. And, also being someone on the introverted side of the spectrum, Kenma and Yumi shared a mutual understanding of social anxiety. If he could survive, then so could she. Moreover, Kenma just wanted his other best friend to enjoy herself, as well as to have someone other than Kuroo who understands him on the team.

Yumi sighed, hands gripping at the side of her skirt. Would she really be good enough?

❀❀❀

It was around noon now, and Yumi sat in the cafeteria with her two closest female friends, Cho and Nozomi. Yet, she wasn't able to focus on the conversation at hand, since her mind was still clouded from the morning's conversation with Kuroo and Kenma. Before heading off to their morning classes, Kuroo and Kenma advised her to at least think about the offer and that she could tell them her decision after school. Yumi didn't want to let them down, especially after seeing how much they believed in her. The captain and setter of Nekoma's team asked for her personally, it honestly would look really bad if she turned them down...

"Gosh, stop looking so gloomy and become their manager already!!" Cho groaned, snapping Yumi out of her train of thought.

"I don't know..." Yumi mumbled.

She looked over to Nozomi, who gave her a reassuring smile.

"We both know you really want to do it. Are you seriously going to let your fear win? How will you ever learn if you don't take risks?" Nozomi argued.