Karasuno 🏐

Hey Guys,

I finally updated!!! Hopefully this chapter makes up for my lack in consistency. It was a whopping 8111 words in my google docs.

Anyways Enjoy the chapter!!!

Please Don't Forget To Vote & Comment :p

Sunny ☀️

🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞

A month passed since Yumi became the manager of Nekoma's volleyball team, and everything was running smoothly. Yumi was a fast learner, she quickly became accustomed to her job and responsibilities. She made sure to arrive at the gym early every practice to help the coaches set up the nets and run through the daily schedule. During her time there, she grew close with the team, especially with Lev and Inuoka; who were both fellow first years she shared a couple of classes with.

Into the following month, one day at the end of practice, Coach Nekomata made an announcement that would ensue the reunion of fated rivals. Yumi promptly gathered the team together in front of the coach. They all sat patiently on the floor, awaiting to be told the news.

"Tomorrow we'll be traveling to Miyagi Prefecture for a practice game."

Coach Nekomata revealed,

"We'll be facing off against none other than Karasuno. A while back we used to be rivals, constantly holding practice matches in hopes of facing off at Nationals. So make sure you guys arrive early at school tomorrow, we got a long day ahead. That's all for today, you're dismissed. Get good rest!!!"

"Awesome!! My first practice game!!" Lev exclaimed, clenching his fist.

" Oh, which reminds me," Coach Nekomata said,

"Sorry to say this Lev, but we only need to bring our starting lineup. Plus, you're still pretty new to the sport so it's best for you to just stay back and practice. I promise you'll get to play in a practice match soon."

"... Yes Sir" Lev seemed to deflate, saddened by the sudden turn of events.

Feeling bad for the boy, Yumi patted him on the back, giving a sympathetic smile.

"Don't look so gloomy Lev. This just means you'll have the luxury of extra practice time, something the rest of the team lacks. This is your chance to hone your skill!! Who knows, maybe by the time we come back, you'll be a better player than Tsuro."

"Hey Now!" Kuroo voiced, provoking Yumi to stick her tongue out at the captain.

Kenma put a hand to his mouth in an attempt to mask his amusement, but a tiny snicker escaped his lips, not going unnoticed by Kuroo, who gave him a playful glare.

"Kenma, you're supposed to be on my side!!!" Kuroo whined.

Kenma shrugged, eyes glued to his shoes.

"I'll always take Yumi's side, she's nicer."

Everyone laughed at the scene in play, even the coaches let out quiet chuckles. It was times like these that made Yumi glad she was the manager. The whole team was like one big family, they laughed together, played together, cried together, teased one another, and just overall had each other's back. Yumi couldn't have asked to be surrounded by a better group of people.

❀❀❀

Yumi groaned at the sound of knocking against her bedroom door.

"Five more minutes..." she grumbled, taking her pillow from underneath her head and shoving it above.

The door to her bedroom swung open, and in entered two familiar figures, a bed head and a pudding head. Yumi lifted her head, giving the duo her infamous morning glare. She looked over to the clock beside her bed and read the time.