Chapter VII (EDITED)

I stretched and breathed in the fresh spring air, looking at the bright, blue sky above me.

"Finally out of that maze," I sighed. Combusken nodded in agreement. Prof. Cozmo stood by and started fiddling with his fingers.

"I-I need to go now. I have some i-important work to attend to," He explained. I nodded.

"Thanks for showing us the way out."

"Your welcome. Hopefully, we will meet again." With that said he rushed off towards Rustboro. A thump sounded behind me, and I turned to find Combusken laid out on the ground. I chuckled.

"Tired already?" A muffled grunt answered my question. I snickered.

"Okay, okay. You can rest." I grabbed his pokéball and returned him, then switched his ball out for another. After enlarging it, I tossed it out, and Chatot appeared before me. He sent me a glare.

"What? No hello?" I asked.

"Why didn't you let me out earlier?"

"We might have maybe run into some trouble in the forest," I replied. Chatot tilted his head and alighted on my shoulder.

"What happened?" I began explaining the confrontation to him as we made our way to the city. Everything from the encounter with the grunt and Prof. Cozmo to Combusken's surprising evolution was laid out.

I ended my explanation right as I stepped through the Pokémon Center's doors. Chatot just kept silent the entire time, probably thinking through everything I told him. While he was lost in thought, I went up to Nurse Joy, healed Combusken, and got a room for me and my Pokémon.

Finally, just as I had sat down on a bench outside, Chatot spoke up.

"Team Magma might prove to be a bit of trouble, but other than that I don't think anything should happen. As long as your identity stays secret, we should be fine," He explained. I nodded.

"My thoughts exactly." I glanced up to see the sun hanging in the center of the sky. I smiled, stood up, and stretched.

"Let's go," I said, smiling at Chatot. "Time for some training."

We spent the rest of the day training Ralts in Rustboro tunnel, taking out rock-type after Rock-type in preparation for our first Hoenn Gym battle. At the end of it, Roxanne looked like she was going to be an easy gym leader. I started wondering if Paul had as much trouble with Roxanne. But then again, considering he has a Torterra with him, I'm guessing it was a walk in the park for him. He probably walked out with the same old scowl on his face and the same old idea that he was somehow the best trainer out there.

I smirked to myself as I was walked back to the center. If there is a chance that I battle him, I want to make sure I'm ready and taking a glance down at Ralts walking by my side, I knew that I soon would be.

Ralts looked back up at me and smiled.

"Hey, Dawn?"

"Yes?"

"Do you think I'll ever become a Galade?"

I stopped and looked down at him. He just stared back up at me.

"Why do you ask?"

"O-oh, well I've always wanted to become a Galade. I don't really know why, but it's always been my dream, even before you came along."

I smiled and ruffled through my bag.

"Well, ask and you shall receive," I said. I pulled out a Dawn Stone, one that I had been keeping with me, one that I had received from a certain someone back in Sinnoh. Ralts gaped and reached out, gently stroking the stone.