1•Wake up

Your POV•

Rays of sun hit your face and highlight the blood vessels within your eyelids, filling your vision with deep crimson. You can feel your face heating up and a soft crackle emerging close by.

You open your eyes and find yourself laying on the ground mere feet away from a campfire. You close them again as the intense heat violates your eyeballs. You decide to lean back on your elbows and look again at a different angle, making sure to avoid making eye contact with the angry flames. Across from you sat a young boy, who looked to be your age, cross-legged and holding a stick above the fire.  Three juicy, red-delicious apples hung from the stick. You look back at the boy. He has blonde hair that's tied back and deep blue eyes. He rarely blinked despite being so close to the flame. His skin was so pristine, although his atire was... bad. It was bad. His shirt was torn and dirty and it didn't even cover his entire torso. 

A breeze brushed past your stomach, causing you to look down at yourself. Oh Hylia, you look just as bad, if not worse. Your clothes weren't even on properly, as if someoneelse had tried to dress you. Your right arm was sticking out of the bottom of your shirt, which was partially lifted up and exposing your ribcage.

"Oh, Link, I do believe your friend is awake now." A deep voice says. Your gaze meets with an old man with a snowy white beard which stuck out of his makeshift hood. He smiles softly. The boy from before, You assume his name is link, turns to look at you. He looks speechless, like he doesn't know what to say or do. His eyes dart down to your exposed stomach and he makes his way towards you. 
'Oh, Hylia. What is he doing-', your thinking stops as he grabs the bottom of your shirt and quickly pulls it down. He goes for your arm next but quickly stopped as he realised you are probably capable of finishing the job.
"S-sorry...", he mumbled, "You looked cold... and your joints were stiff. I didn't know how to put the shirt on you, sorry." He apologised again. 
"Uh... thanks." You say. This was certainly weird, I mean, you don't even know where you are right now. You try to remember what happened before you got here but your mind is blank.

The old man cleared his throat and made his way towards us. Link rushed off to grab something while the old man stopped in front of you and held out his hand. Reluctantly, you grab his hand and he pulls you to your feet with ease.
"Um, it's nice to meet you... what's your name?" You ask.
"Me?" He chuckles. "Why, I'm just a strange old man!" He chortles. "What's your name?"
"Oh umm..." 'Crap.'  You can't seem to remember your own name. How is that possible? Where even am I?
'(Y/N)'
"(Y/N). My name is (Y/N)." you state, although uncertain about the reliability of your statement. That was just the only name that came to mind, if it came from your mind at all.

Link rushes back with a big leaf in his hand, it's wrapped around something. He gently places it in your palm and stares at the ground. You unwrap the leaf gift. It's one of the apples from before! Its perfectly caramalised skin glistened in the sun, and it smells so good!
"Thank you, Link!"
The young hylian boy looks away from you and rubs the nape of his neck.
"You're welcome..."

The old man explained to you the situation as the three of you explored the landscape of the 'Great Plateu'. Not only were you stuck here, but the cliffs were too steep to climb down, and the only way to safely reach the ground was by using a paraglider. 'Where does one get a paraglider?', you may ask. Well, the old man just so happens to have the only one.
And he's refusing to give it up.

The old man allowed the two of you to run off and explore the forest together. He suggested it would be a good idea for you and Link to get to know eachother considering you're stuck on the plateu together and might as well.
"So, what's your favourite colour?", you ask, pocketing a few stamella shrooms. He looks at you and thinks for a moment.
"Hmm... blue.", he responds, "What's yours?"
"(Favourite/Colour), although all colours are good, I think."
"Mhm"

You couldn't help but stare at Link as he carefully traversed the environment. The way he would balance on stones and hop between fallen logs. The way he seemed so aware of everything around him. And every few metres he would look behind him to make sure you were still there. He looked back as expected and caught you staring.
"...What? Is something wrong, (Y/N)?" His voice dropped in concern as he gripped the wooden club he earned from slaying an unlucky bokoblin.
"Oh- uh... nothing, Link." You nervously respond. It was stupid of you to stare so intensely, poor Link already looked stressed enough being the only one carrying a weapon. Link approached you and gently placed both hands on your shoulders.
"You can tell me."
"Um.. I just think blue is a really pretty colour, that's all."
"Really? I think so too."
"Your eyes are blue."
"Oh?"
"Yeah, they're really... pretty." You look down and blush, mentally kicking yourself for saying something like that. Link's pointy ears flush a bright pink and flick down and he gives your shoulders a light squeeze.
"Ah.

The sound of a branch snapping nearby alerts you two. A large black boar eyes you down and circles the vicinity, having determined you as something weak that it could easily take on. Link positioned himself defensively in front of you. He was so close you could see the hairs on the back of his neck stick up.

The beast huffs and tears its hoof into the ground, flinging small bits of grass into the air.
"Link, don't! Let's just leave; You're making it angry." You call into his ear. He huffs and charges foward anyway. The boar mimics his response and angles its tusks.

'Wham!'

A sickening crack whipped around the trees as Link's thick wooden club made contact with the animal's skull. Breathing heavily, link begins to grab at the boar's hind legs.
"Link, what are you doing-" you gasp. He stares at you for a minute, mouth still hanging open to allow larger oxygen intake.
"Help me carry it. Grab its front legs."

Link apologised for what happened once you two returned to the campsite. Of course, you couldn't stay upset with him. Link wasn't a very verbal person, so when it came to his apology, he stuttered so much his sentence no longer made any sense. You assured him it was ok but he had already decided he was going to make it up to you.

A tap on your shoulder brings your attention back to the young hylian in front of you. Link held one hand behind his back as he faced you.
"Um.. here.", he reveals his hand which is holding a small array of small hand-picked flowers. "People like flowers, right? I know that. I think so at least..."
You carefully take the flowers from him and hold them to your chest. The bright colours contrast the dim beige shirt you're wearing.
"Thank you, Link.", you smile, "You're forgiven."
"Oh, thank Hylia!" He exclaims.

You can't help but giggle at his relief. Link seemed so down when he thought he had offended you. It made you glad that you had someone who cared about you, even if you had only known each other for a few hours. He was funny like that.

...But what about that voice?
'(Y/N)'

Chapter 1 completed.
1333 words total.