2•The Temple

Nar POV•

(Y/N) and Link had grown somewhat close over the last few days, but not in the way they were initially thinking. They expected him to be their friend. You know, someone you do things with, someone to be by your side. Link had become more like a bodyguard. It seemed odd to them, but it was basically instinct for him. When he found an old, rusty sword embedded in a rock, they begged him to not throw away his old club and instead give it to them. 

"What if I'm in danger, Link?" (Y/N) asked.
"I told you. I'll protect you." He assured you.
"But what if you're not there to protect me?"

He wanted to yell, 'I will always be there', but he knew it wouldn't progress his arguement any further. He didn't know how or why, but the moment he woke up he felt like he was meant to protect someone. And they were the only someone around.

Your POV•

You are very, very cold. Sure, the Sheika Shrines give off a little bit of warmth from the technology humming inside, but there was so much snow surrounding it. Link was currently inside claiming his fourth and final 'Spirit Orb'. He apologised profusely before leaving you alone in the terrible weather, but he just could not let you follow him inside. He claimed it was "too dangerous". While you had no idea what he got up to while inside those shrines, you weren't about to doubt his words. You remember treating the massive burn he sustained from the first shrine. His description of the creature that did it was no better.

"It was like a spider but with four legs and made of metal." He told you.
"Excuse me?"
"Yeah. And it shot massive lazers from its eyes."
"That sounds terrible, Link!"
"Not really."

Link was surprisingly calm while you cleaned the burning flesh on his upper arm. Luckily, whatever it was had only scraped the surface of his arm and wouldn't cause any super permanent damage.

"L-link... What's taking-g you so lo-long..." you whimper into your shaky hands. "So cold... This better be worth it"

Suddenly, a faint whirring of Sheika tech emerged from the ground far below, notifying you of Link's return. The elevator slowly reached its stop and Link's fuzzy blonde hair emerged. He looks at you, exhausted, and gasps.
"(Y/N)!", he rushes to your side and holds your face in his hands, "I shouldn't have left you here. I'm so sorry." He quickly rubs his hands together and then places them back on your cheeks.

His hands provide little warmth before they are taken away again. Link scans though his Sheika Slate and reveals a handful of chilli peppers.
"L-Link, I'm no-not eating tho-ose t-things." You tell him.
"Stop whining, I need you to eat these. You'll die if you don't." He gives you a stern look but you don't budge. Sure, chilli mixed into foods is fine, but the whole thing by itself? Link pinches your ankle and shoves at least three whole chillis into your mouth just as you open it to yell.

"Ugh..." you groan in disgust.
Link places his hand against your cheek again, "You feel warmer already" he hums. It was true. You could feel the fiery sensation spread from your mouth, to your fingertips, and to your toes.
"Thanks, Link". The chillis were pretty gross, but you feel so refreshed after regaining the sensation in your fingertips.

Link grabs your wrist and pulls you up, steadying you and your shaky legs.
"Let's go. I believe I'm owed a paraglider."
~
The two of you begin the awful hike back down the freezing mountain. The whole way, Link was holding your hand. It wasn't a romantic thing, definitely not! You just met this guy! It's safe to say he probably just felt bad watching you slip and fall on the icy rocks so many times. Your poor tailbone...

Link checks the map on his Sheika Slate. You can't help but stare. The small piece of technology captures your attention yet again with its ancient patterns and glowing lights.