3•Horsin' Around

Your POV

You slowly stir from your slumber and look around.
'That's right. We slept in the temple last night.' You sit up and stretch your weak limbs. 'But sleeping on the stairs was not a good idea.' You neck aches from the strain of sleeping on solid rock. Rays stream in through the ruined windows and illuminate your figure, blessing you with warmth you missed from last night's storm.
"This feels nice, right Link? ...Link?" You look around and notice he's gone. "Link?!" You call out.

You stand up and wander outside the temple. It's oddly quiet. You walk for a little bit before you hear a clang from above. Link is on top of the giant tower and he's got something large and brown in his hands.
"Link!" Link gasps and looks down.
"(Y/N)! Hold on." He takes a few steps back and then sprints straight to the edge of the tower.
"Link what are you doing?!" Link jumps and unfolds the large object. Instead of falling, he gently glides down and lands next to you.
"Sorry, did I worry you?" He rubs his neck sheepishly, "I just wanted to make sure the paraglider worked before we used it to get down. I've been practicing all morning."
"Practicing? You didn't fall did you?"
"No, I'm alright, (Y/N)." Link gives you a reassuring smile as you sigh in relief. "So, would you like to leave now?" He asks. Your stomach grumbles angrily.
"I think we should have breakfast first."
"Great idea!"

You two chow down on some delicious glazed apples for breakfast. Maybe not the healthiest meal, but at least it's something. You finish the caramelized fruit and walk with Link to the edge of the plateau. The old man wasn't kidding when he told you about the height.
"Jeez, Link. That old man wasn't lying huh? That's quite the fall..."
"Who? Oh- right... him. Yeah, guess he wasn't." Link looks away from you, he seems upset about something.
'Does he miss the old man? Wait, where is he?' You decide to ask him.

"Link, what happened last night while you were on the roof?"
Link sighs, "Let's talk about that after we find a place to relax. There's supposed to be a stable we can stop at. I'll tell you everything, I promise, just don't question it right now." He squeezes your shoulder.
'Where are we even going? Why won't Link tell me anything? I guess I could wait, there's stuff I should probably tell him too.'

Link interrupts your thoughts to give you a better look at the paraglider. It's quite large but it looks to only fit one person.
"Um... Link? How exactly do you expect us both to get down with that?" You ask, unsure about the whole thing. You both can't possible use it at the same time, there's not enough space on the handles. And your different weights may unbalance it if you tried.
"Oh, well, I figured you could just hold on to me." He answers slowly.
"H-Hold on to you?" He seems oblivious to the lack of personal space that would require. He stares back at you, confused.
"Yeah..? How else would we get down?"
You shake your head, "Nevermind. I guess that's our only option" Link shrugs and holds the paraglider above his head, arms outstretched.
"Jump on."
You steadily wrap your arms around his neck. Link momentarily puts the paraglider down and crouches, pulling you forward over his back, essentially giving you a piggyback ride. He ensures that your arms and legs are wrapped around him tightly.
"(Y/N), are you alright. You're not going to fall off, are you?" You shake your head and hide your face in his shirt. You begin to feel slightly uneasy the more you think about being so high above the ground.

"Ready?" He asks, not really waiting for an answer. He backs up and takes off in a sprint. Before you know it, Link has pushed off from the solid ground and you two are sailing through the air. The wind rushes past you and whips your hair around, covering your face. Link starts to laugh and cheer.
"Isn't this great, (Y/N)!?" He yells. "WOOHOO!" You're starting to enjoy the feeling yourself. The cool breeze feels so lovely against your skin.
"Yeah! This is great!" You two cheer again. Eventually, the paraglider guides you two down to solid ground once more as Link plants his feet into the soft soil. He crouches down to let you off his back and folds up the paraglider to put away.
"Wow." Link breathes "That was fun."
"Yeah, I guess it was." You sigh a little, heart beating heavily from the adrenaline. You take a look behind you up at the Plateau. The walls seem a lot taller from down below. "Woah. We're... free? Haha."
Link chuckles, "You could say that."