Chapter 2

I wasn't very smart about leaving the Glade. I very much realize what that Gally kid was talking about when he said they'd been trying to leave for three years. Outside those walls, the walls I claimed was going to trap me in forever, was actually a giant freaking maze. Corridor after corridor, I was running along them. I had thought every maze had an exit but I had no idea how this maze ran. I had ran so much I lost track of how long I've been out here. Though I feel I could remember my way back because of the giant numbers I've passed by.

After a few minutes of running through corridors, turning through each of them on instincts. I stopped to catch my breath, sinking against the wall and heaving heavily, I noticed how dark it turned out. I could barely see my fingers because of how dark it turned. I've been doing a whole lot of thinking while being out here alone and all I could think about was everything that happened back in the Glade considering that's all I could remember. For some reason, part of me wanted to go back and confront them, really talk to them about what's happening. But the fear I had of staying there was so high, I just couldn't. I didn't want to risk being wrong about them. Yet something was telling me I was wrong, that I had to go back. Especially because of that Newt boy, the one that threw off good vibes and had a look to him that screamed 'I'm the good guy.' So maybe I could trust my instincts and go back to talk to him, that's unless I got of here first.

A distinct rumbling noise had put an end to my thoughts. Quickly I stood up and listened closely to the sound. A screech had erupted near by the wall I was currently leaning against. My heart quickly sped up, guessing that those were the monsters the boys were talking about. My feet soon were picking up its pace.

I knew I would remember my way back, all the corridors I turned through were familiar and I was content at the rate of my speed and how I was able to memorize everything so well. Suddenly flashing lights had consumed the air around me, right along with blaring noises of screeching and the sound of swiping and stomping.

In front of me was the Griever I had been warned about, I stopped in my tracks gasping loudly at the ugly sight in front of me. It hadn't noticed me but I'm pretty sure the scream that forced its way out of me cut through the air, the bulby spiderlike monster had spun its way towards me, and when our eyes had connected, it roared a roar so loud I could've sworn it left me deaf.

I had no choice but to run the other way hoping one of the paths would lead me back into the right one. So I took my right and soon afterwards, the Griever was too.

"Somebody help me!" I shouted knowing fully well that there was no one in here. That there was no one from even a mile or two to help me or hear me. I was alone and I had to find my way back and I had to get rid of this creature by myself.

I stopped my shouting and the Griever continued its roaring but neither one of us stopped trying to reach our goals. I swerved into another corridor and I could almost stop and rejoice at the familiar setting. I was back on track and I would let out a smile if it wasn't for the bulby and slimy creature that was now trying to slice its mechanical rods at me. It must have knew I was close to my destination because the Griever had sped up its pace and its rods and became jutting its way at me at full force.

Unfortunately a puny little human like me couldn't avoid an attack like that. So I was soon swept off my feet, landing flat on my belly while my arms tried its best to catch its self. My hair flew above me and over my face and I could only let out a cry of pain when I hit the ground hard.

I spun around quickly on my backside, trying to crawl away while the Griever had hovered over me screeching at me as if saying to stop running, that this is my end. A sharp needle had sprouted from its tail and pointed it towards me. I let out a yelp as it tried stabbing me but missed when I rolled over once again on my backside, still trying to crawl away. Another stab to my leg but it hit the ground once again. Another roar of anger and this time it tried its best not to miss. I grit my teeth and kicked the rod away, It gave me at least a few seconds to get back up and start running but it was much to late for me.