five

Baeksool's mother was on her right while her father was on her left

Baeksool's mother was on her right while her father was on her left. The elder woman was holding onto her daughter's hand tightly as her husband was embracing the teenager in a side hug. The parents was still surprised and confused on why doctor Kim Junghyul had called them early in the morning on a weekday but they still prepared themselves for the worst. " mom , don't frown too much. It'll give you wrinkles " Baeksool hated the situation she was in right now , so she tried to crack up a joke instead.

Baeksool never liked it when the diseases she is having got the best of her parents' emotion. She didn't want them to think that their daughter is leaving them. She wanted them to think that their daughter was going to a better place and would wait for them to join her. Baeksool's mother drops her gaze on her daughter and forced herself to master up a smile to mirror her daughter's. Baeksool's eyes lit up immediately and she ignores the sadness radiating in her mother's eyes and lifted their intertwined hands up to put them against her cheek.

" there you go , less wrinkles coming from today onwards " Baeksool beamed and her mother had almost let the tears that were building up in her eyes fall down if it weren't for the door of her room creaking open for the day. Doctor Kim Junghyul came in with nurse Shin Hari trailing behind him. The nurse had her head hung low to hide her tear stained cheeks. She wasn't strong enough to face the energetic girl that is like a sister to her. She couldn't the bring the strength in her to Baeksool she was losing her life sooner than she thinks.

" good morning Baeksool , Mrs. Lee Yerim and Mr. Eun Baekhoon " the doctor starts their conversation and managed to not choke on his words. He also couldn't bring himself to tell the teenage girl about her soon death but this was his job. He needed to tell her so that the girl could fulfill her last minute wishes and leave the world with a full heart. " this might come out shocking but I'm so sorry Baeksool " he stopped in the middle of the words and let his gaze dart towards the teenage girl.

Baeksool saw this coming and didn't let her smile flatter away. She kept smiling and the doctor was wondering how could the girl still smile at a situation like this when he was about to announce her short term of living. " you only have a week to live according to the calculations " Baeksool's mother tighten her grip on Baeksool's hand and his father hand drops to her side but Baeksool was still smiling. She still smiled despite hearing the sad news.

" I'll leave you guys to take in the news properly " Junghyul breaks the silence that had fallen in the room and gave Baeksool a small smile. Baeksool could sense the sadness in the smile but she decided to wave enthusiastically towards the doctor while shouting out a very excited sounding , " see you later Junghyul oppa and Hari unnie ! " , towards the duo. Once the pair was out of sight , Baeksool's mother broke down crying and her father drops onto the chair next to her bed. Baeksool was consoling her mother and pulled her father up to also bring him in the family.

While consoling her parents , Baeksool's mind wandered off to a certain black haired boy. She didn't want him to hear the news just yet , she wanted to spend her time with him without worrying about the time limit.

I guess we can't have our own happy ending together Jaemin , I'm sorry.