fourteen

Jaemin's heart was thumping against his chest rapidly , his footsteps increasing in each second just to make it in time before he loses her

Jaemin's heart was thumping against his chest rapidly , his footsteps increasing in each second just to make it in time before he loses her. He was pushing through the crowd that in the hospital with his mouth muttering the word , " sorry " , each time he had hit someone accidentally. He was scared. The girl that he believed would heal is going to leave him anytime now.

Please be awake.

Please be awake.

Please be awake.

His mind was chanting the words and was hoping that the girl would still have her eyes open when he arrived there. Jaemin had rushed over to the hospital the moment Baeksool's father told him that he might have to come here earlier today than his usual time. He had suspected something about to happen and asked the elder what was going on. The words coming out of the elder's mouth had almost made him fall down to his knees in the middle of the cafe but he forced his legs to rush towards his car instead.

" I'm sorry for keeping this a secret Jaemin but Baeksool had one week to survive her illness and today is her last day "

Jaemin's eyes were full of tears by now and he let them run down his cheeks while still running towards Baeksool's room. He didn't care on the stares a few staffs and patients were giving him , he only cares about the girl that he loves. The girl that he is about to lose. His hands opened the door as soon as he arrived and his body froze when he saw the girl of his dream having her eyes shut tightly as her skin had turned into a very pale colour and her chest was heaving up and down quickly. " Baeksool ... " he muttered out under his breath and had caught the attention of Baeksool's mother. The elder woman gave her daughter a small kiss on the back of her hand and whispered something her ear.

That was when Baeksool opened her eyes slowly and turned her head to look at the black haired boy. Her lips stretched into a smile and she called out his name. " Jaemin , you came " her weak voice had made Jaemin's heart drop to his stomach , his eyes began to tear up once again as he nearly landed on his knees. Baeksool's father notices this and went to stand next to the boy then pulled on his arm as they both walked towards Baeksool. " we'll leave you two to talk with each other for the last time " Baeksool's mother said and the girl nodded her head but then pointed towards her forehead with a weak smile plastered on. " one last forehead kiss from you guys ? "

The parents teared up as they give their daughter one last forehead kiss. They both know how much forehead kisses meant to the girl. Baeksool felt safe whenever they give her one especially when she was having a hard time in fighting her illness. Those forehead kisses had turned her into a strong girl that decided to accept her fate of having to deal with the illness. Once her parents were out of sight , her eyes landed on the boy that had his mouth opening and closing as tears roll down his face. " Jaemin please don't cry , you're making me sad " Baeksool tried to joke around but the cough that she let out had made Jaemin even worried as his feet made its way towards her.

His hands found her cheeks as he cupped them gently and made her look at him. Baeksool's were half opened and her lips were pale. They didn't look as plump as they used to but Jaemin still stared at it the same way. Only this time , his heart was shattering at the thought of not being able to make his dreams of giving the girl morning kisses each day. " why ? Why didn't you tell me ? " he finally managed to speak up and the girl only smiled at him. " I don't want you to get even more worried Jaemin " Baeksool's eyes moved towards the book that was on the table beside her and held Jaemin's hand that was still cupping cheeks. " you see that blue notebook there ? Take it , I want you to read- "

" I love you , Eun Baeksool. I love you so much more than a friend " Jaemin knew that was running out of time and instead of bottling up his feelings , he blurted out the words immediately. He didn't care if Baeksool rejected him now , he just wants her to know that he loves her with his whole heart. " I love you so much and I don't care of you don't feel the same. Just lie to me and- "

" I'm not going to lie because I love you too " Baeksool muttered out weakly and pulled on the boy's arm to move him closer to her. Jaemin smiled softly and let his forehead connect with hers before letting his pair of lips meet with her pale ones. A tear rolled down Jaemin's eyes when he heard the beating of her heart stop right after a minute of their lips meeting with each other. He pulled away but still had his eyes closed as his thumb caresses her cheek and tears running down his own.

" why did my first kiss with you had to be the last one Eun Baeksool ? "

- THE END -

------------------

a/n : thank you for reading this short story and sorry for ending it like that. I got this idea from a tiktok sound. I hope you enjoyed it :D