Page 21 At least, I won the race

"You wanna race down the city?" I decided to break the awkward silence. Again.

"My bike is low on battery" She replied.
"You're really having a bad day. First your boyfriend dumped you. Then your bike is dying. And then you fall in mud,"
"Can you fuck off?! Watch me beat your fatass with my dying bike," She yelled.

Her voice was squeaky when she yelled. I found it oddly cute. 
"Cry. You're just jealous I got more cake than you'll ever have,"
"Oh, shut it!" She bicycled ahead of me. I watched her dumb curls float on her back as she paddled passed those wet tulip fields. She turned her silly brown head and looked at me, 

"HAH! LOSER!" She poked her tongue at me, mocking me. Then, she drove into a pole. I laughed my ass off as I got on my bike and paddled ahead of her as she tried to get from the grass and get back on her bicycle. 

She paddled behind me. I felt bad for her, she was clearly not used to bicycling this much. So, I stopped "Are you okay, though?"
"Yeah, why?" She was out of breath, her fingernails had dirt in them, her hair was dishevelled from the wind, and her bicycle looked painful to paddle. Her legs were shaking.

"We should rest,"
"HAH! You tired, huh?!" She yelled, "I can go another kilometre!"
This woman, "Fine," I smirked, "Let's go five more kilometres"
"No!" She got off her bicycle, wobbled off her shaky feet and sat down on the road, "You said we should stop, so we should stop. A true man doesn't take his word back!"

"And a true human can feel pain. So now, stop bullshitting and tell me," I got on my haunches so I could look at her, eye to eye, "Are you in pain? Your feet hurt?"
"No, I'm fine!" She looked away, and then looked back at me again, watching my shoes, "... My feet hurt"

"Do you want me to help you?" I asked.
"No, I'm fine,"
"Do you want me to help you?"
"I have already answered you" I have never seen a person this reluctant to get help. Man, she pisses me off!

"Fine! Ride that stupid bike, then, I'm out of here! Idiot headass!" I grabbed my bicycle and got the fuck out of there. I didn't care about her. Maybe she seemed attractive at first, but now that I have known her rotten personality. 

Let her arrogance kill her. Ungrateful dick. 

I paddled for about fifteen minutes. Once my head was cool, I stopped my bike and looked behind me. I waited for her for a minute or two; until I grew impatient. I hope she got up. It was getting dark. And the fields were empty. And it was getting cold. 

Man, fuck!

I paddled back, why do you have to be so stubborn? What the hell is wrong with me? Why do I care about you so much? Man, I'm feeling like such a simp right now.

A few metres away from where I left her, I saw her bicycle was still lying there.

She was on the fence.

"Yo, idiot headass!"

She turned back and looked at me, still with that arrogant frown on her face but she also looked quite confused.

"I came to pick you up,"
"...You came back for me?"
"What can I say? I'm a good man"

She sighed.

Why did she sigh? I was just being nice here! Why does she hate me so much, man? I'm never this nice to anyone and I still get sighed upon. She got down the fence, "I lost. You got me,"

"Lost?"
"The race,"
"What? What?" I was so confused. What? Was she still thinking about that race? I wasn't even that serious about it! "Oh yeah, stupid little thing. Why do you let it bother you? It doesn't matter,"
"Just as you can decide what matters to you, I can decide what matters to me,"

This woman is beyond me. Why did I come back for her? Her attitude is rotten! We walked back to the road and I gave her my bike. 
"How will you go home if I take your bike?"
"I'll take yours,"
"But, my battery is dead. You'll have to paddle it manually,"

"Meh, I can be strong enough to do that,"
"There's still five kilometres,"
"Just paddle. I'll be right behind you,"

She got on my bike and began paddling. She would constantly look behind to stare at me for a while then looked ahead again. It grew dark by the time we returned to the city and the streetlights were above us. 

She stopped near a street, "I can take my bike from here,"
"Are you sure?" I asked her.
"Yes," She got off my bike and I got off of hers. We both looked at each other for a while. Then, she passed by me and began looking at her bicycle. Wow, not even a thank you? I'm never seeing her again.

I got on my bike and I saw her hands slowly rest on my bike's handle, "Thanks,"

"For pulling your bike all the way here?" I damn as well deserve that thanks.

"For coming back for me," I couldn't see her face, she was looking at my hands, facing down, her curls covering her face, "Mostly people never do,"
"I can see why," I said. She looked up at me, "You got a stupid sense of pride. I don't know what's going in your head,"

"Well," She looked like she was insulted. But what had to be said had to be said, "What's going in my head, huh? Well, it's certainly not you," She grabbed her bike, "Good night,"

-To be continued