CHAPTER - 18

Aanya's P.O.V

This arrogant asshole thinks he is doing me a favor by taking me to buy the ring. What he doesn't realise is that I am doing him the biggest favor of all by marrying him.

I could have said no to this but I'm doing it just for his grandmother and mine too who is obviously with God.

"Excuse do you want me to carry and take you inside the shop now" Devil said sarcastically.

"Just because I call you devil doesn't mean you have to prove it at every point that you are really the devil. And no don't you dare touch me I'll walk myself" I said sassily.

"Who the hell in this universe would wanna touch you" Devil said.

However horrible Akshay may have been he was the guy I had a major crush on and how much even I tried it was impossible to get over him then and because of that everything he used to tell me made me question myself I started hating myself and that's why this effects me today too even though I don't show.

Akshay's words reminded me of those college days. Tears automatically worked their way into my eye. But before he could say anything I walked into the shop.

"Hello ma'am Hello sir what can I help you with" a sweet sales girl asked.

"We are here to see engagement rings" I said.

"Please follow me ma'am" the sales girl said.

"Thank you" Akshay said sending a flirty smile and wink that girls way.

"Ma'am my name is Samira and I'll be helping you out today" Samira said.

"Thank you so much Samira" I said.

Samira shower us at least 25 rings and I did like a few but the devil had other plans to torture me with.

"Samira show me the most expensive ring your store has" Akshay said with a wink.

Oh for heavens sake what is this man's problem I didn't understand.

"Sure sir" Samira said.

Samira brought the two most expensive rings in their store one ring for the guy and one for the girl. What happened next shocked me.

"Samira wear this ring and show me" Devil said flirting.

What the fuck isn't he buying that for me. It's not like I want anything from that jerk but I do have my own self respect do I not.

"Give us a moment Samira" I told her.

"Sure ma'am" she said leaving.

"Devil can you stop flirting with her it's clearly making her uncomfortable" I said sternly.

"More than her looking uncomfortable you look jealous" Devil said sassily.

"Oh please if I were ever to be jealous over you that day pigs will fly. Let me get this clear to you Akshay Sarma you have no idea how much I hate you" I said.