𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝘄𝗼.

chapter two

ASH WAS FALLING. They realised that when spotting a floor beneath them, one that seemed to be over a hundred yards away. They had control over their body again and quickly adjusted their position so they landed on their feet rather than their stomach, hands held out in front of them to rest against the floor. Ash managed to land without hurting themself but the relief that came from that dissolved away when they heard guns cocking in three different positions in the room. They looked up, gulping when seeing a gun held to their head. Ash's eyes scanned around, spotting the owner of the second gun to be a short Asian woman but Ash knew better than to underestimate her for that. The woman gave off a threatening aura. Ash couldn't spot the third gun from their position meaning that it was someone behind them. That wasn't good for them.

"Arms up and on your knees!" The man with the gun pointed to Ash's head yelled. Ash did as ordered, knowing better than to talk or try to get out of their position. Ash did want to use their powers to escape but they didn't know where they were or if they were even on the same earth as before. They could easily get stuck in the darkness or expose powers to people who might not even have powers on this world. "Hands behind your head!"

Ash did as said while keeping silent, taking in where they were. It didn't take them long to realise they were in a plane of some sort. They definitely couldn't use their powers now unless they wanted to fall to their death. Scanning the room, they noticed that it was only them four and there was an open laptop on a table not far from where they were, making them perk up. Ash waited until the man in front of them put the gun away before talking.

"Do you mind if I use that laptop? Thanks." Ash didn't wait for a reply as they got up and rushed towards the laptop before anyone else could take it. They hadn't forgotten about the man with the gun behind them who was now next to them.

"Not so fast," he said, holding the gun to the side of their head. He sounded younger than the other man, meaning it would be harder to beat him. Ash grabbed the gun before he could fire, leaning back as the bullet left the barrel and shot glass instead. They twisted his wrist, loosening his grip and took the gun from it before hitting him in the nose with as much force as they could without taking their attention off the laptop. The man went stumbling back, groaning, and Ash tossed the gun onto the table. They never liked using guns much less holding them.

Ash grabbed onto the laptop and ducked when feeling a body behind them, barely missing the punch thrown to the back of their head. The search for Star City came back unsuccessful so they searched for Central City instead. Ash jumped when noticing a foot reaching for their legs, blocking the attempt to knock them off their feet.

Another unsuccessful search.

In one last attempt, they searched for Oliver Queen. If they were still on the same earth there would have to be articles on Oliver, he was pretty famous. Ash jumped onto the chair when a person charged from both in front and behind them, feeling the breeze from their punches as the search came back as unsuccessful. "Dammit," they cursed quietly. They slammed the laptop screen shut and got down from the chair, placing it back on the table where they found it on their way back to the man they assumed to be in charge.

Ash held out their wrists out, already knowing the drill. "That's it?" The man asked, clearly amused by Ash's previous actions. Ash shrugged, holding their wrists up higher. "You're not going to try to fight? It's clear you can."

"No reason to. We're in the air with nowhere for me to escape to. A fight would be pointless. You gonna lock me up or not?" The leader gestured for the man they hit in the nose earlier to take hold of them. Ash held back a smile at the sight of his bloody nose, biting down on their lip when he glared. He looked so stupid that Ash wanted nothing more than to laugh.