𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗳𝗶𝘃𝗲.

chapter five

{ unedited }

{ note ; i'm doing an episode a chapter so chapters may seem very packed or too long but its bc i'm trying to do the whole show in one book as well as extra chapters i have planned and wattpad books only allow max of 200 parts. hope that's alright with you guys }

ASH WAS IN THE LAB, WAITING FOR SIMMONS TO CLEAN UP THE AREA. As soon as they had woken up and gotten out of Skye's van, they were ambushed by Fitz-Simmons with the two scientists pleading to take Ash's blood. Since Ash had already agreed earlier to let them do so, they had agreed for it to be this morning but only if one of them did it. Simmons ended up being the one appointed to draw the blood since she was more of a doctor than Fitz and Fitz was a much better liar than Simmons.

Ash was worried, to say the least. They didn't know how Simmons would react to their scars and they didn't want to explain it. Still, they unwrapped the bandages around their left arm and let the material drop into the bin. Simmons was too busy setting up needles and tubes to notice yet and Ash was thankful for that as they sunk back into the seat they had been told to sit on, arm held out on the stand as they looked around the tiny lab. Fitz was standing outside the door, his back to the two as he stood guard.

"Alright! Here we―oh." Simmons' excitement seemed to fizzle away as she looked down at Ash's arm, gulping at the sight of the overlapped scars. "This won't hurt you, will it?" Simmons' asked, worry clouding her features.

"No, it'll be alright, don't worry," Ash reassured with a smile when Simmons met their gaze. "They're old so it doesn't really hurt anymore."

"A-are you sure? Because I don't want to do anything that could hurt you. I―it would be nice to have answers but your safety and health come first so if it does hurt―"

"Simmons, relax," they laughed, leaning forward and reaching out their hands to go over Simmons' that was holding the needle, putting a stop to her shaking. "I want answers as much as you do to why my powers aren't working. I know it won't hurt but if it does, I'll tell you, okay?" Ash assured slowly, having to look down to meet Simmons' gaze. "I promise I'll tell you so please don't worry," they added when Simmons didn't say anything.

"Okay," Simmons nodded. She wrapped the band around Ash's arm to get their vein to stick out and held the needle to their elbow, hesitating again as she looked up at Ash. "Are you sure?" Ash huffed and rolled their eyes, deciding to take matters into their own hands as they grabbed the needle from Simmons and stuck it into the vein, letting the blood flow into the tube attached.

"Ashton! What on earth!? I think I'm going to faint!"

"Please do not faint. I can't catch you like this."

"What is happening in here?" Fitz hissed, peeking his head through the glass door and looking between the two. Simmons was fanning herself, her eyes wide and Ash was looking down at the needle in their arm. "Actually, I don't wanna know," he mumbled, going back to being on guard outside the room and Ash chuckled before looking up at Simmons.

"See? All good," Ash smiled up at Simmons who was looking down at their arm with wide eyes, mouth slacked open in shock. Ash reached forward with their other hand and closed Simmons' mouth for her. The first tube was already full and Ash pulled it off the needle when they let go of Simmons' jaw and held it up to her. "Take as much blood as you need. I'm alright."