-Prologue-

"Babies smile in their sleep because they're listening to the whispering of angels."- Unknown
——————————————————————

       "What if I drop one of them?" Taylor began to cry hysterically as the nurse tried to hand her the newborn twins. Babies were so fragile, and she was scared to break one of them.

"Trust me, you won't." The nurse showed her how to hold one baby in each arm. Taylor dried her tears. She felt like she was such a mess.

"Are you expecting any visitors? Maybe the father?" The nurse asked. No one in the kingdom knew Taylor had given birth to twin girls. The hospital had to keep everything a secret.

  "My parents are coming." Taylor sat up. In that moment, Queen Andrea and King Scott walked in. They both smiled from ear to ear at the babies. Taylor had showered and walked around a little before allowing visitors. She had also been moved to a regular hospital room.

"Can we hold them?" Scott asked hesitantly. He was very shy for a king. Taylor nodded, relieved to get them out of her arms.

"What are you going to name them?" Andrea asked.

  "The one with the birthmark on her neck will be named Willow. The other is Cornelia."

"And what are we going to do about the father?" Andrea asked, her tone becoming serious.

"I told you, I don't know who it is."

"The kingdom would frown upon a single mother." Scott replied quietly, sighing. Taylor knew he did everything in his power to get rid of unnecessary rules. But sometimes trying your hardest was never enough.

"We must be going now. I suppose the children will be hidden until we find the father. We'll give updates on your dancing career." Andrea said. As a coverup, Taylor was supposedly dancing on a remote island.

Scott and Andrea handed the babies back to Taylor. She looked at them. Their eyes were still closed.

"We have to do some testing to make sure the babies are all right." A nurse said, taking the girls from Taylor. Taylor cried out, not wanting to lose them. But the nurse was long gone.

Taylor felt a hole in her heart. How would she ever handle being away from them? She pondered this as she fell asleep for the first time in weeks.

"Princess Taylor, your babies are doing well." Taylor had woken up a few moments before the nurse came in. She sipped on some water.

"Willow and Cornelia both weigh 5 pounds, which is very healthy." The nurse continued to tell Taylor about their measurements and how to take care of them. Taylor nodded, not listening anymore.

Willow and Cornelia were laid down in their crib so they could get some sleep. The nurse left, saying Taylor could leave the hospital tomorrow. Taylor got up and walked over to the crib.

She leaned over to kiss them good night, but they both grabbed her fingers, giggling. Taylor fell apart. She loved them more than she could ever imagine. She watched them go to sleep before getting more rest.

A/N:
Thank you so much for reading this!!
This is a prologue and the first chapter will be 6 years later
I hope you enjoyed this super short chapter I had to do lots of research on
It was a little boring but the next chapters will be better
Pls comment and vote 😊
-whereveryoustray