-Singing In The Car-

Quote

        November 8
Monday

        "Where's Joey?" Taylor sighed after Cornelia asked this question again. Joe had been gone for a week, and the twins couldn't wrap their heads around it. Taylor couldn't either.

        "Joe is from the enemy kingdom. He went back home." She responded, siting next to Willow and Cornelia on the couch.

        "Is Joey a bad guy?" Willow asked, her eyes wide. Taylor normally responded with yes.

        "I don't know." Everything was confusing. Once Joe had been found, he was sent home. Taylor still didn't quite know why he had tricked her. Or if he really had loved her too.

"Taylor!" Queen Andrea called from a few rooms away. Taylor got up to talk to her mother. She walked into her mother's quarters.

"Have you seen the news? The country wants you to get married to get rid of any feelings for Prince Joesph." Taylor nodded. She had been dreading this conversation.

"There's really no other answer. You can meet the man today. He's perfectly nice. You will never have to see him." Taylor nodded sadly. She wanted nothing more than to run away, but couldn't leave the kingdom in lockdown.

"Hello. I'm Jake." Jake stood in front of Taylor, smiling. He lacked Joe's smile. He was taller than Taylor like Joe, but would never be Joe.

"Hi. I'm Taylor." They sat down at the cafe. Jake had been an hour late. Joe had been early. Jake didn't pull out Taylor's chair for her. Joe had.

"Are those heels?" Jake asked. Taylor nodded, suddenly aware of the amount of times she wore heels.

"Have you heard about the chocolate record player?" Taylor asked, trying to make a joke. Jake shook his head. "It sounds pretty sweet." Jake stared at her.

"Is that supposed to be a joke?" Jake asked. Taylor nodded again, looking down at her feet. Jake continued to talk, never asking her questions about herself. Taylor wondered how she could escape.

         "Hey, are you ok?" Jake asked, looking at her. Taylor nodded. Jake got up, walking over to her. He respectfully asked if he could give her a hug. She nodded. Maybe he's not so bad. She thought.

        They drove over to his sister's house to drop off a package. Jake opened the door for Taylor. She set her scarf down, making a mental note to get it on the way out.

        She looked around at the tall ceilings and chandeliers, being reminded of her castle home. Jake set the package down in a living room, and they walked out.

        On the drive home, Taylor requested to play a James Taylor song. Jake agreed. After the song was over, he said that he didn't get it. He played his own music, and Taylor sang along.

        Taylor returned home to her children. She set her coat in her room, changing into pajamas. Soon she would find out that she had left her scarf at Jake's sister's house.

A/N:
updating during a 13 hour long zoom (with breaks) and im bored so eating a bunch of random food hahaha
i hoped u liked it
i referenced begin again (taylors version) and all too well (taylors version)
see u later ☺️