-See The Lights-

"If you're anything like me,
You bite your nails
And laugh when you're nervous,
You promise people the world,
Because that's what they want from you But darling, you need to stop."- T.S.

6 years later
The 25th night of September
Saturday

  "Hello." Queen Andrea greeted her 25 year old daughter. They embraced.

        "Where are Cornelia and Willow?" She asked.

        "In their bedrooms. What is the gala tonight for?" Taylor asked. She had lost track of how many events she had been to.

        "Simply publicity. I know, it's ridiculous, but the country hasn't seen photos of you in a couple of weeks." Taylor began to look through her dresses. She couldn't wear the same one twice, so new ones were sent to her often.

        "Does this dress work?" She held up a light dress along with a necklace.

A/N: this is the dress from the Love Story music video

"It's lovely. Should I send someone up to help you?" Taylor shook her head. She tried to be independent. And only a few people knew of the twins, so her choices in help were limited if she didn't want their secret leaked.

She got changed, applying makeup and fixing her hair as she made her daughters dinner. She opened her bedroom door, calling for them.

"Mommy, you look beautiful." Cornelia said, her blue eyes looking into Taylor's. Willow agreed. Taylor had them sit down on at a makeshift table to eat.

"Why can't we go into the kitchen where you eat?" Willow asked. Taylor sighed internally.

"The public can't know about you. They could if you had a daddy to take care of you too." Willow became silent, nodding her head.

"Let's get ready for bed." After their showed, Taylor began to braid Willow's brown hair. She wondered why Willow had brown hair and Cornelia's hair was blonde.

"Good night." Taylor turned off their lights, closing their bedroom doors. To anyone else, she had two closets. She took a few breaths before going to the ballroom.

"Princess Taylor!" She was greeted by camera flashes. She made an effort to look composed. A lot went into being perfect.

        "On your right!" Taylor looked to her right. She continued to follow their commands until her mother came out, ushering her into the room.

She finally made it into the ballroom, where her mother had only allowed their personal photographer to take photos as she instructed. This made the evening more relaxed, even though all eyes were still on the royal family at all times.

        "You can't listen to them." Andrea whispered in Taylor's ear. Taylor nodded, but Andrea's advice had gone in one ear and out the other.

        "Princess Taylor, will you come meet my daughter?" A woman asked. Taylor nodded. She ended up being dragged all over the room for people. She loved giving them what they wanted. And they loved her.

"How are the twins?" King Scott murmured so quietly Taylor almost didn't hear him. She had stopped briefly to talk to him.

"They're doing lovely. I just tucked them in and locked my door." Taylor responded.

        "Ladies and gentlemen, Princess Taylor!" Scott announced her in a booming voice. She had prepared a speech. The crowd roared as she stepped up to the podium.

        "Our kingdom...." Taylor looked around the room as she spoke. Her words were put together carefully. She didn't want to come off the wrong way. The crowd applauded her after her speech, and she smiled.

        Taylor walked through the crowd, smiling and greeting people

        Taylor walked through the crowd, smiling and greeting people. She was offered fruit, and nibbled on that as she made her way to the other side of the room.

The room was split into girls and boys. The dance started, and Taylor began to dance with men at random. She didn't pay much attention to them. Until one guy who caught her eye.

He was dancing with a girl a few feet away. His electric blue eyes darted around the room.

        "Are you all right?" The guy she was dancing with asked

"Are you all right?" The guy she was dancing with asked. She looked over, and saw she was tripping all over his feet.

"I'm so sorry." She said. She was normally a graceful dancer. The guy said it was fine, and she nodded. She felt horrible. After a few beats, she was dancing with the guy she had seen.

"I'm Joe. It's lovely to meet you, Princess Taylor." He spun her. She often wished she could be normal. It wasn't like being royal was the worst thing in the world, but she rarely had to introduce herself.

"Where are you from?" Taylor asked as he dipped her. He hesitated.

"Europe." He said. She just now noticed his British accent, but questioned why he didn't say which kingdom he was from. In a few moments, the dance was over, and they went to different sides of the room.

"I would like to propose a toast." A guy said. Everyone raised their glasses, and Taylor grabbed a glass of water.

"To the royal family."
"To the royal family." The crowd repeated. Taylor saw the photographer taking photos. She walked over to her mother.

"I'm about to end this gala." Andrea said quietly. Taylor searched the room for Joe, wanting to ask her mother if she knew him. But Joe was nowhere to be found.

"I'm going to go." Taylor said. She picked up her dress, walking at a brisk pace. She walked down the staircase, greeted again by cameras.

Once she got back to her room, she checked on the twins. Their eyelids fluttered as they slept. She smiled, closing their doors. She had been so blessed to have them. She went to bed, trying to calm her thoughts down and thinking about the next gala.

A/N:
Thanks for reading the first chapter 😊
Pls comment and vote
Again kinda short but once we get further in the book the chapters will be longer
Lmk if you liked this