~19~

Christabel had no inkling that her team leader will die; that a time will come when she will leave this fucked-up world behind. Nobody had ever hoped to die prematurely even when life sucks...

As she stood in the balcony she watched the rising sun casting golden shadows on buildings and the flowers from the garden shimmering in the soft yellow light of the setting of the sun. Looking at the sun effect on everything her gloomy eyes made contact with made her envy how peaceful the non-living things were.

Tears dropped from her eyes when she recalled the abyss Precious death brought. Hot air had slashed through her flesh, panned into her soul and shot straight to her marrow as she beheld the rigid body of her team leader. The thoughts of her shrinking when she saw the inordinate expansion of her temple, and the ghastly pallor of her skin made Christabel finger cold at the tips, made the meaning of life crumbled. Precious last words re-echoed in her ears.

Those fingers that threw papers on her had completely gone cold and lifeless. Those eyes that burned with anger when she spoke to her had closed forever; forever into forever. Those lips that always glowed with lipsticks had looked pale and lifeless...

"Team leader," Christabel sobbed. "Rest in peace. I don't how things turned like this. I don't know my courage in face of all these adversities. I am scared, tired, sad, scared, scarred and scared. I don't know what to do, What my future holds, when I will be happy! I am fed up with this damn life! This damn world where happiness is not a feeling of option for me and my family. God, I have suffered enough. Is my sin that much? What exactly is my sin." Christabel cried harder slamming her fist on the wall beside her in sheer bitterness.

"Big sister don't hurt yourself," Sarah who just came in said, rushing to her sister side she quickly wiped her tears. Seeing this Christabel quickly wiped her tears with the back of her hand and gave her sister a forced smile pretending nothing happened. "You don't need to give me that look, you know? We both know you are not fine. Everything will be fine, pinky promise." Sarah said and locked her sister hind finger with hers.

"I know everything will be okay Sarah, I am just tired of keeping the emotions all in that was why I came out to get fresh air and..."

"I understand, stop crying inside, stop holding it. You know a day will actually come when you will be the owner of a very big cosmetics company; just like what your dreams hold. And you will be like, hey, Monica, pick those files and give them to my husband. You understand those proud vibes," Sarah chuckled. "And Monica will be like 'how fast did this happen.' You understand those stupid and insane looks she always gives us."

"Sarah." Christabel giggled, forgetting her worries for a moment.

"And you will give her that proud look, a look that will say 'I succeeded despite all the challenges and you are still my husband secretary.' You know she will want to scream out of annoyance," Sarah smiled when she saw the dreamy look on her sister's face, she is making progress in making her happy. "And guess what?"

What?

"You will call the officers telling them to drag her out of your company but not before warning her not to try trash with you or else she will lose her job."

"So?"

"Oh my God! I can't wait to see the victory look on your face and the horrible look that will plaster Monica's face. Then you will tell the officers to wait. You will take the advantage of her shocked face and whisper 'bitch, spoilt brat. Tell your annoying grandma to teach you the manners you so much lacked, it is not too late.' in her ear; in a calm yet daring way. Then you will face the officers and say 'take this stupid fool out of my sight!' She is too mean and we are going to teach her lessons."