~37~

Daniel stepmother was brushing her hair while looking at herself in the huge vanity mirror in her room when she suddenly remember that there was a man named Joshua. "If I make good use of him, he could do a lot."

"Ma'am, a guest is here." The housekeeper announced from the sitting room.

Daniel stepmom added a finishing touch to her light makeup before descending the stairs. "Welcome son,  you took me by surprise. Welcome, dear, thanks for coming."

"Don't mention," Joshua replied.

"Please sit." She said while gesticulating with her hand and finding her way to the leather couch.

Joshua sat on the nearest couch.

"How are you doing? How is your health? Are you eating well?" When Joshua didn't answer she quickly continued. "I guess you can't be eating well, even till now I still can't believe she is not alive. You would have started calling me 'mummy.' if Precious was still alive."

"You are still like a mum to me."

"Really? You are also the only son-in-law to me and that is why I am bringing this up." She smiled mischievously and placed her fingers on her lap. "How about you stay here with us? Take Precious place and help me with some work."

Joshua was still thinking about it when Monica grandma arrival was announced by the maid.

"I didn't know you have a guest," Grandma said as she walked to the cushion clutching a huge basket of different fruits with her.

"I will no..."

"Then, think about it and let me know." Daniel stepmom said quickly cutting off Joshua words and giving him calculated smiles trying to give him hints that she didn't want Grandma to know what they were talking about.

"Yes, I will. Goodbye, mother." Joshua replied and left.

"Mother?" Grandma asked curiously.

To Daniel stepmom, that was expected. "He is Precious fiancee. They were engaged to be married...and then he lost his wife and baby."

"I can't imagine his sense of loss."

"I feel sorry for him."

Grandma sighed and placed her thigh on the cushion arm. "I see."

"By the way, what brought you here? You should have called me if you've anything to say. You coming down here means what you want to say is very important."

Grandma smiled sheepishly. "I want to discuss...Daniel's marriage."

Daniel stepmom widened her eyes a bit in curiosity, eyes unblinking and focused. She tilted her head aside. "Why would you discuss Daniel's marriage?"

💥💥💥

Back in the prison Boss Lady dragged Christabel by her dry hair and started hitting her head on the wall. Favour was trying to help but was yanked off. "You prick! Both of us don't want to exist in this world that will crash soon so don't pretend to be smart or pure. If you do," she used her other hand to drag her ear, "this will be your grave. Keep that in mind."

"Boss, something could go wrong, please be patient." Favour panicked but Boss lady ignored her.

"If you have followed me like the rest the start, this won't have happened." She gritted her teeth so tight it made her jaw ached. "Why do you make me crazy?! Why do you always make me go crazy?!"

Christabel smiled through the pain, blood dripping from her nose and smirked. "Why did you bother me? Does it makes any difference if you are treated like royalty here?"