chapter three

⋆┈┈。゚❃ུ۪ ❀ུ۪ ❁ུ۪ ❃ུ۪ ❀ུ۪ ゚。┈┈⋆

"so why did you pretend not to know them?" Jaehwa walked up to one of the mirrors in the bathroom, waiting for Oh Yoon Hee to finish. 

She sighs, grabbing a lip tint from her bag. "it makes life easier when i don't have to interact with people from my past." she applies the tint, messing with the color. 

The toilet flushes, and Oh Yoon Hee steps out of one of the stalls. Oh Yoon Hee walks up to one of the sinks, turning on the water. 

"Pretty smart. You're a good actor Jaehwa." Jaehwa smiles, thanking the lady. The two sit in silence as the water from the faucet runs. 

"You still have to pretend like you like me though." The older lady sighs, avoiding what Jaehwa had said. Yoon Hee knew that Jaehwa was right, but the fact that Jaehwa had also taken part of bullying her daughter didn't feel right. 

"Let's go?" Yoon Hee turns to the teenager, gesturing to the bathroom door. The two walk out, the younger walking in front of the older. 

They walk down the corridor, the silence becoming awkward. "Thanks for helping my dad..." Yoon Hee smiles, looking at Jaehwa. 

"I'm proud of you. You're somehow putting everything aside and acknowledging that he's your dad." Jaehwa nods, pursing her lips. Not like she had a choice.

"Jae. This is for the better good. You have to remember that he actually treated you better than the people that were taking care of you!" Logan and Jaehwa had been going back and forth for quite awhile. 

"Why do I have to go back!? I'm doing perfectly fine in America! I actually made good friends, and on top of that I don't have to see anyone that gave me life long trauma!" Logan sighs, heavily, annoyed at how stubborn Jaehwa was being. 

"I'm not saying you have to stay there, I just need you to go for a bit in my place since I have people watching my every move!" Jaehwa scoffs, upset. 

"Do you not know what you're saying? I still have people tailing me to this day! It's weird to be sitting at school, and someone behind you in all black is watching you!" Logan slumps, snickering. 

"Those are my people! I was making sure you wouldn't get murdered at school." Jaehwa was about to speak up again, but stops realizing Logan had been the one keeping her safe too. 

"Yea see, now you feel safe. No one has been tailing you and I know that for sure. Just... please. for me. act like a daughter to Ha Yoon Chul and Oh Yoon Hee for a bit. Then you can come back and study here again, okay?" Jaehwa flops onto the couch next to her, grumbling. 

"Fine..." 

A ruckus had formed when Jaehwa and her mom walked around the corner near the holding venue. "Appa!" Her dad looks up, noticing the two girls. He smiles, letting go of Joo Dan Tae. 

"Ah, shall we go?" Jaehwa sees her mom nod, and her dad stand up. He walks over to the both of them, reaching out his hand. He grabs Jaehwa's shoulder, and Yoon Hee's hand. 

"I'm excited to see my grandpa!" 

~

The five teenagers sat in their hangout, crowding the couches. For the most part, it was silent, the music playing in the background. 

"Jaehwa doesn't remember us." Minhyuk picked at his hand, refusing to look up. The room stays silent, but Seokkyung scoffs, standing up. 

"Why does it matter!? She left us remember? She decided to be a bitch and mess with us! Why does it matter that she doesn't remember us!?" The tears that had been welling up, had finally fallen out of Seokkyung's eyes, her eyes turning a shade of pink. 

"You can't lie. She had an impact on all of us... even if it was small..." Eunbyeol also refused to look up, remembering that Jaehwa was now her half-sister. 

The two boys had stayed silent, refusing to speak about the girl. Seokhoon couldn't, and wouldn't believe it. 

The only thing that would make Jaehwa forget is head trauma, and knowing her she wouldn't get into any accidents like that. She was mostly safe when it came to any type of accident, and barely got into accidents. 

Jumin on the other hand... it made no sense. He also refused to believe that Jaehwa forgot about them. Blunt trauma to the stomach had no correlation to head trauma.

 Aside from that, he saw her leave Hera Palace with Logan, the red staining her shirt. She should've been in the hospital this whole time. Nothing was connecting. Was she faking it? 

"Seo Jumin, why do you look so out of it?" He finally looks up, making eye contact with Minhyuk. 

"Nothing... I'm just thinking about Jaehwa." Minhyuk scoffs, breaking their eye contact. 

The question is... where's the knife? He had seen her walk to the elevator with no knife. Does that mean the knife is still on the balcony of floor 47?...

The clicking of heels surrounded the big hallway that she had been walking down for at least five minutes. The closer she got to the door, the quieter they got, the floor changing from tile to carpet ever so often. 

She smiled, stepping near the balcony door, smiling. "what an amazing day." She opened the door to the balcony, looking around. She walked over to the bushes by the ledge, leaning down. 

The bottom of her pants now touching the floor, she dug around a bit, feeling for the sharp piece of metal. "It should be here... who cleans balconies anyways?" She scooted closer to the bush, finally feeling the handle of the knife. 

"That was easy... easier than i thought." She grabbed the handle, pulling it out of the dirt. She examined the piece of metal, the blood on the sharp part dried up, dirt covering it. 

She grabbed a plastic bag from her pocket, sliding the knife and the gloves she had been using into the bag. She closes it, standing up. "Ah, my knees hurt." She turns around, smiling. 

"Hi Jaehwa."

"Hi Aera." 

⋆┈┈。゚❃ུ۪ ❀ུ۪ ❁ུ۪ ❃ུ۪ ❀ུ۪ ゚。┈┈⋆