Chapter 5

--Samuel's POV--

I knock several times, short, loud bangs before I hear the sound of feet stumbling down what sounds like stairs. After a couple more seconds of silence, the door swings open to reveal an out of breathe girl beside a grinning boy. I can definitely see why Prince Xander was attracted to this girl. She was gorgeous, her hair a bit messy but in a cute way. Is that even a thing? She has a beautiful smile. The type of smile that instantly makes you trust someone and feel welcomed. Just being around her makes me want feel warm. What am I saying?

"Beat ya," the boy's voice brings me back.

"Shut up, Darren," she retorts with a laugh before turning to face me. When she sees my attire her eyes bulge slightly while the brunette beside her goes slack jaw. Royalty and the kings men don't typically visit this part of the kingdom unless something serious occurs. I can sense their anxiety and discomfort.

"Hello madam, sir," I greet both politely.

The girl does a small curtsy while the tall fellow awkwardly bows. "H--hello," The shocked girl stutters.

"Are you Miss Melody?" I ask.

"Y--yes?" She sounds unsure.

"You need to come with me by order of the king," I say, my tone soft yet firm.

"You've made a mistake!" The boy, Darren I believe she called him, shouts. "She hasn't done anything!" He has stepped forward putting himself between me and the cowering form in the doorway.

"Oh I know, she is not in trouble. The king has insisted on her company at the palace," I try to reassure the frantic couple.

"Is this about Prince Xander?" Melody asks speaking for the first time in a while.

"Yes actually it is," I reply.

"Well then, I'm sorry but I can't help you." Feisty girl.

"Unfortunately, this isn't really a question. Although we may call it a request, it's truly a command so you will be coming with me either of your own will or of mine," I wish she would stop being so stubborn.

"No," she simply says.

"Fine," I reply stepping towards her only to be intercepted by her boyfriend.

"Back up buddy, the girl said no, so don't touch her," he spit venemously.

"I'm going to have to ask you to move sir or else you will be arrested for interfering with the king," I honestly don't have time for this.

"Fine arrest me, but leave her alone."

"I can't do that. "

"Yes you can and you will or else I'll break every bone in your bod--"

Before he finishes I take my sword, in its case, and bring it down hard on his head. His eyes roll back as he slumps to the ground. Melody screams and tries to escape, but I grab her wrist before she can get herself and Darren's now unconscious body inside. She screams again so I clasp my free hand over her mouth.

She flails around trying to hit me with her fists and feet. I hold tight before throwing her down and pouncing. I pin her so that she is face down on the ground, with me on top holding her hands behind her back. I grab the rope from my escort guard and bind her hands and feet.

She stops struggling, most likely realizing it's hopeless.

"Im sorry," I whisper once I have her.

She doesn't reply, she won't even look at me. I can see the tear stains running down her dirty cheeks. Oops. Maybe I shouldn't have held her on the ground.

I gently set her atop the horse and jump on behind her holding her steady in front of me. When I rub up against her body a bit, I feel a spark run through my body. Why am I feeling like this?

"I really am sorry Melody," is all I can say before we ride off to the palace.
---
Hmm? What's going on? Does Samuel have feelings for Melody? Woah what? Not cool dude. Don't you know the bro code?

So she's headed to the castle. Wonder how this will end.

I feel kinda dumb because I definitely had the last 3 chapters written, but I didn't publish because I hadn't edited and then I just sort of forgot?