Chapter 7

--Xander's POV--

"Melody?" After she turned me down I never thought I'd see her again, much less in the palace.

She turned slowly to face me, a scowl on her face. "You," she spits out coldly.

Her sharp tone shocks me into silence. Why the hostility?

"This is all your fault," she points an accusing finger my way.

"What did I do?" I ask completely clueless.

"You took me from my home. You kidnapped me!" She screamed.

"Did no such thing!" I protested. "You're the one who broke into my home. Creepy by the way," I finished.

"No you sent that Samuel guy after me and he knocked out my boyfriend and kidnapped me. For all I know Darren may be dead thanks to a desperate little punk of a prince like you!" Her eyes were glistening as tears began to well up in her eyes.

"You'd better learn to be polite to the prince," Samuel says seeming to appear from thin air behind us.

Melody's body stiffens as she shoots daggers at him with her eyes. She looks really adorable when she's mad.

"And you!" She turns and points at the blond behind her. "I hate you. You had no right to touch him or me for that matter! Take me back. Now," she commanded.

Samuel let out a soft chuckle before shaking his head. "Ah ah ah. Silly girl. In case you didn't know I don't call the shots around here. Your wonderful prince and King give the orders, I just carry them out," he says with a sly grin.

Melody stares daggers into him before grabbing Marie's hand and practically dragging her behind her. The poor servant stumbles a bit before she is able to get her footing working hard to keep up with the fast moving brunette.

After she is out of view I quickly bring my attention back to the blond boy I've learned to call my brother. "What was she talking about?" I asked expecting a straight answer.

"Hmm?" He hummed playing ignorant.

"Kidnapped?" I raise my eyebrow.

"Oh that," he says with a laugh.

"Yeah that," I put emphasis on 'that' to ensure there is no confusion.

"Your dad wanted me to nab her cause she rejected you and stuff. You weren't suppose to find out til tomorrow but whatever," I give him a look of disgust. How can he be so casual about this? He just kidnapped that poor girl!

"I'm talking to father," I begin walking towards the throne room. I'm about to walk in when I hear my 'brother' call.

"Remember, he asked me to. I didn't want to," he says with a sad look on his face.

"Yeah whatever," I call over my shoulder. "Hey dad? We need to talk," my voice steely. "Why'd you kidnap Melody?"

"Wha-- what?"