Chapter One: Home

Grace, Delia, James Yvonne, and Ashton Ketchum were best friends and next door neighbors growing up. At 19, they all married within weeks of each other. When they were all 20, a few months after Ash and Serena were born, Grace and her husband, James, moved to Kalos. James had a job opportunity and he took it.

Years later, Ash and Serena met each other at camp without even knowing that their parents are close friends. They became best friends. They met again briefly when they were 8.

But when Serena saw Ash on TV, she knew it was now or never to see him again soon.

Present Day
Serena POV

Serena is now back in Vaniville Town. She immediately told her parents about her adventures. Serena didn't mention the airport, however.

She had lived here for nearly her whole life, having lived in Kanto for a few months after she was born.

She loved it here, open space, nice people, quiet, and great weather. She only knew of one other place like that. Pallet Town in Kanto. She blushed as she thought of it.

Ash had told her so much about Pallet Town, and why he loved it; For the same reasons she loved Vaniville Town.

She loved thinking about Ash too. She'd sit on the porch in the evening for hours, just daydreaming about him. What he'd be like if they lived together, just the two of them. What he would be like if they married, (which she really wanted). What having a family with him would be like.

But her thoughts this evening concluded by her mother calling her to dinner.

She sat at the table.

"So, still thinking about him, huh?" Grace asked her daughter.

"Uh, n-no why?" Serena asked, trying to hide her blush.

"Sweetie, we know you like him, it's obvious. The way you talked about him on the phone to us made it very clear." James said with a small smile.

"You've been back for about a month now, and I've been waiting to ask, but did anything happen between you two?" Grace asked.

Serena sighed.

"Well, I might as well tell you...I kissed him when I was leaving for Hoenn." Serena said blushing hard.

"That's wonderful! What did you say to him?" Grace said.

"I...uh...um...said t-that he was the type of person I wanted to b-be...and that w-when we next meet, I will have g-grown into the kind of p-person he will w-want t-to be with..." Serena said turning very red.

"I'm so proud of you." Her father said.

"Thanks dad..." Serena said.

"Do you think you have grown into the type of person he will want to be with?" Grace said out of the blue.

"Yes. My time in Hoenn really allowed me to reflect on how to be that person and I made the necessary changes. He is a little dense, but I think my kiss broke the density." Serena said.

"How did he take it? The kiss, I mean." James asked.

"He looked a little surprised, but then he smiled and was blushing a bit. He looked like he came to realize what it meant. Every little hint, encounter, gesture, whatever, he finally realized what love was. He realized that he was jealous that Tierno or anyone else was hitting on me, or when he would give me special complements that he never told anybody but me. Or why he called me cute. Or why he was annoyed that we couldn't be paired at that event because Eevee would only dance with Bunnelby. Or nearly everything he did for me. He didn't know it but he liked me too. I hope he still does." Serena said looking into her plate with a soft smile.

"Well, I think you should visit him." Grace said.

"Really?" Serena said.

"Go for it, surprise him." James said.

Serena smiled, and got up.

"I'm going to go pack. It's a long flight to Kanto." She said.

This is the first book in this universe. There will be four more longer chapters for this one, and more books in this five chapter form. Meant To Be is the last book in this series so if you have read it sorry because I unpublished it and I made some story changes to fit with this, but it will be updated again once we get to it.