Chapter Four: Through The Days

The following morning, Serena woke up first. She managed to steal a quick glance at his alarm clock. It was 7:30. She started questioning whether or not to wake him up, or try to get out of bed. She then decided to try and get out. As she was about to make her move Ash spoke.

"I'm already up. You don't need to sneak out." He said with a grin. Serena blushed from the confrontation. And because she was in a slightly different spot now, she felt something poking her.

"Um...Ash?" Serena said turning an even deeper shade of red.

"Yes?" Ash said unknowingly.

"T-There's s-s-something p-pok-king m-me." Serena said burying her face into his comforter.

"Oh...uhhhhhhhh..." Ash said blushing and averting his gaze. He also scooted back a bit.

"D-D-D-Do y-y-y-y-you t-t-think o-of me t-that way?" She said.

"N-No. I MEAN YES! Or uh n-no...you know what I mean..." He admitted.

"I-I understand. Let's j-just forget about it, ok?" She asked.

"Sure, I'd like that." Ash said returning to his normal skin shade.

They both got out of bed, went to the bathroom to get ready, and went to breakfast.

"I'm starving." Ash said as he walked into the kitchen.

"We know." His parents said.

They sat down and began eating.

Pikachu came into the kitchen and sat on Ash's lap.

"So. How did you sleep?" Delia asked, directing the question at no particular person.

"Best sleep in a while. It's nice when you have someone there with you." Ash said.

Serena blushed, "Same Here."

"It wasn't awkward waking up I hope?" Ashton asked.

Delia playfully smacked his arm and told him to "be nice".

Serena was blushing profusely at this point.

Delia looked at Serena surprised and realized that, yes, waking up that morning was VERY awkward.

"Oh..." Delia trailed off.

"Yeah..." Ash trailed off.

They changed the subject to Serena's parents.

"How are your parents doing?" Ashton asked.

"My mom is still doing occasional rhyhorn races, and teaches classes. My dad is still in his executive position at the Kalos pokeball manufacturing plant. He still does do some battling here and there, but he has pretty much retired from that. They are happy doing what they're doing." Serena explained.

"That's great to hear." Delia said.

"Good to hear they're doing good. So what are you guys going to do today?" His father asked.

"I'm probably going to show her around. Might go to the movies or something." Ash said.

"That sounds fun." Delia said.

They finished eating and grabbed their stuff. Pikachu jumped onto Ash's shoulder.

"Be safe!" His mother and father yelled after them.

As they were walking, Ash turned off the path. Serena just followed.

"This area looks a bit familiar. Wait, could it be?" Serena thought.

"Were almost at our first stop on your Pallet Town tour." Ash told her.

They got to the part of the forest where Ash wanted to go, and there was an "X" in the dirt.

She looked around, and she knew instantly.

"Wow! It looks the exact same!" Serena beamed.

"Yeah, It's weird." He said.

"I can't believe I'm back where we met. I thought I'd never see this place again." She said smiling.

"I come here every so often to relax. It's very peaceful." Ash told her.

"It's really quiet." Serena said.

"That's another good part." Ash said.

It got silent between them.

They both looked into each other's eyes.

Ash approached Serena, and he kissed her. Serena kissed him back. Pikachu left the scene out of embarrassment.

They sat against a tree, and began to just kiss back and forth. They broke apart for a second.

"I love you so much." He said.

"I love you too." Serena said.

A few minutes later, they decided they had enough.

Ash pulled out a pocket knife.

"What's that for?" Serena asked.

"Do you want to carve our names into this tree?" He asked.

"Sure." Serena replied.

Ash carved:

Ash+Serena

He then carved a heart around it.

"He is so sweet." Serena thought to herself.

"Do you like it? I tried my best." Ash said with a chuckle.

"It looks great!" Serena said. She pecked his lips.

Ash stood up, and reached out his hand. She grabbed it, and he pulled her into an "accidental" hug.

"How romantic." Serena said with a small laugh and a smile.

"Only for you." He said.

They broke apart, and pikachu finally came out of hiding. He jumped into Serena's arms.

Serena POV

They began walking into town, and Serena started the conversation.

"Was I your first crush?" She asked.

"Yes, of course. After all, you unlocked that part of me. And why do you ask? It was only a few months since we last saw each other." Ash said.

"Yeah, but a lot could happen in a few months. Look at our journey in Kalos." She pointed out.

"You got a point." Ash replied.

Ash POV

"She waited for so long to get to see me again in Kalos, and then confessed to me in the Airport. I mean it's kind of reasonable to be a bit worried that she wasn't the first girl I dated. Anyways, she's the only one I've ever had eyes for. And the only one I ever will have eyes for." Ash thought.

"You know I love you, and only you, right?" Ash asked.

"Yes, why?" She responded.

"I don't know...you just seemed a bit worried there." Ash told her.

"Oh, ok. I love you too. Thanks for worrying about me." She said with a bit of pink appearing on her cheeks.

The coming weeks were filled with great moments. They made memories they will have forever.

She enjoyed her time with Ash. But, she has to go home. She needs to resume her Kalos Queen duties. She wishes she could stay with him forever.