Chapter Five: Going Home

After having such an amazing time in Pallet Town, it was time to go home. She loved meeting his parents (which normally would be horrifying), living with him for three months, and just seeing where her parents were from. She was technically from there too, as she was born in Pallet Town. The experience only made her love him more.

As she was packing her things, she glanced at the picture they had taken together in the forest. A tear rolled down her cheek as she realized that she wouldn't be seeing him for at least another five months. He would be going to school in the Alola region, as his parents told her.

She was about to start crying, but Ash pulled her into a hug.

"Hey, don't be upset. It's only five months..." He said.

"Yeah, only five months..." Serena said.

"I'll call you. It's not like we aren't able to talk to each other. Just think of it as before we met again-" Ash was cut off by Serena. She slapped him, not hard, but just enough to leave a mark.

Serena lightly sobbed.

"Don't say that! I don't want it to be like then! I want to always be with you! By your side! Forever!" She cried.

Ash pulled her into another hug, really tight. She buried her head into his arm and kept crying but not as much.

"She really does love me..." Ash thought.

"Yes...I really, really do!" Serena replied. Ash hadn't realized he thought out loud.

"I know...you don't realize that I don't want you to leave either. I won't forget about you." Ash said trying to comfort her.

"But you did before! I don't want that to happen again! I cried on the plane to Hoenn, thinking about what I did. I thought for a while you weren't going to like me the next time we saw each other. Even though I saw you change after I kissed you. For a minute I thought that I ruined what we had, everything we built up in Kalos." She admitted.

"I know I did. It was stupid of me, and I don't know how I even forgot. But once I knew it was you, I had a feeling that I liked you. The kiss only confirmed that for me. I love you, and I always will. To the day I die I will only be thinking about how much I love you. You're the best girl I know." Ash said.

"Thank you so much Ash, I love you too, and you are now my Ashy." Serena said blushing.

"My mom calls me that...but it's cute coming out of your mouth." He said.

They both shared a kiss. Serena continued to pack her things.

"Here is your perfume." Ash said handing her the bottle.

"Keep it. I have another bottle at home." Serena said.

"Thanks, I always wanted some perfume of my own." Ash said, slightly sarcastically but with a chuckle.

"It's to remember me by...but use it if you want." Serena said giggling.

"I'll always put some on my wrist so when I am lonely, I will remember you." He said.

His door opened.

"Aww that's so sweet!" His mother said.

"Mom! We're having a moment!" Ash said.

"Ohhh ok." Delia said closing the door.

"She is so nosy sometimes." Ash said.

"She only opened the door thirty-one times without knocking..." Serena trailed off.

Delia walked in on them making out twenty-seven of those times. They didn't do anything sexual, as they knew they were too young.

They finished packing her stuff and walked into the living room to say goodbye to his parents.

"Once again, thank you so much for letting me stay here. I loved it, and wouldn't trade my time here for anything." Serena said.

"Don't worry about it. We'd do anything for our future daughter in law." Ashton said.

Serena blushed hard, like always. Ash's father made the "daughter in law" comment every chance he got.

"He's right. We love you like family. You're welcome here anytime." Delia said.

"Thank you guys, I...uh...love you t-too I guess?" Serena said as Ash grabbed her hand.

"Come on Serena. Your flight leaves soon." Ash said quickly. He was getting very embarrassed from the comments.

"Goodbye for now, future Mrs. Ketchum!" Ashton said as the two walked out of the door.

"I can't wait until the wedding!" Delia shouted after them.

Ashton And Delia POV

Once they were gone, Ashton turned to Delia.

"Are you just teasing, or are you serious?" He asked his wife.

"Dead serious. I really do think she'd make a great addition to the family. Plus, it already helps that we're friends with her parents." Delia replied.

"That does help. And they are so cute together." He said.

Ash And Serena POV

"Ahhhhh it has such a nice ring to it! Serena Ketchum. Don't you think?" Serena excitedly said while blushing furiously.

"Y-yes it does...but we are a bit young. I think we can wait two or three more years. Well, I mean we have to at least wait two, until we're 18." Ash said.

"I can't wait." Serena said happily.

At The Airport

"Well, this is it. Five months from now we'll get to see each other again." Ash said.

"It will go by fast, I hope." Serena said.

"I'll make sure to call you whenever I get the chance." Ash said.

"Thank you. I will too. I got to experience so much in these last three months. Living with you, getting together with you, and just living some of my fantasies. I hope that one day, I will be the Serena Ketchum that your parents tease you about, though towards the end I think they got serious about it. And I'm happy about that. I love you, forever and ever, until the day I die." Serena confessed.

"I guess that will become our thing?" Ash said catching the reference.

"What?" She asked.

"'I love you, forever and ever, until the day I die?' And also just airport goodbyes in general?" Ash said.

"I guess so." Serena shrugged.

She turned around, and the escalator took her away. But, she turned around.

"There's just one more thing!" She shouted back at him.

Serena ran back up the escalator to Ash. She kissed him right on the lips, just like last time.

"Thank you!" Serena shouted, this time with a wink.

Ash smiled. He waved back at her.

That was the last time he saw her in person for five whole months. He couldn't wait until he saw her next.

Ash thought to himself; "I love you so much Serena. We will meet again, but this time I'm Coming To You!"