part 5

Louis woke up really motivated. That's something that usually never happens. Today will be the tryouts for the musical and he's never been so sure to revive a role than this year.

He dressed in a beige loose fitting jeans with a light blue oversized sweater.

He heard Leigh-Anne quietly singing in the kitchen so he made his way downstairs and saw her swaying to music in the kitchen with a mug of tea in her hands. "Tea?" She asked when she saw him approaching her. Louis hummed as a response still nervous about the tryouts today.

"What's up?" Leigh-Anne asked. Her and Louis never were as close as Jade and him but he still felt like he could talk to her at any point. "Just nervous about the tryouts." He mumbled in response. "You and nervous about tryouts? What happened to Mr. I-get-all-the-lead-roles-Tomlinson?" Leigh-Anne teased. That was every year where no cute dancer would dance beside the lead role and it wasn't important to me. He wanted to say.

"Well this year is different." He tried to answer while slurping his tea. "Mhh, special someone?" She asked, but it wasn't teasing anymore. She asked rather softly as his mother would ask him. He groaned and burried his face into his arms that were laying folded on the table. She snickered and said "Well well well who's lover-boy?" There was her teasing again.

"He's a ballet dancer in Mrs. Flack's class and he's honestly just gorgeous." He told her honestly. "Ohhh you're so gone, Lou." He just sighted and finished his tea. "Need to get ready for uni, see you later!" He called out and scurried inside his room.

Downstairs, he grabbed his bike and made his way to uni. He listened to Metallica while still going through some lines he learned the last 4 days. He's got this. Hell he doesn't even know if someone else wants to try for the devil this year. Maybe he'll be the only one and without a competition he'll get to perform beside the curly headed beauty.

After he arrived at the bike parking spot in front of the uni he scurried into school. Tryouts are in third period and the first two he's got statistics and literature.

The hours seemed to go by so slowly and blurry Louis is sure he didn't remember anything from first to second period.

Awesome he'll just need to get the notes from someone and study everything again.

Finally the bell signaled it was time for third period. He ran down the crowded hallways into the large room where the tryouts are happening. Mrs. Scout greeted him happily. "Good Morning Louis! How's it going?" Beaming at her he answered "Really good, I'm really excited for today!!" She just laughed and hummed in agreement.

Slowly other student made their way into the room, quiet chatter filled the hall. "Good Morning class! Today we'll decide who will take over which role. I was pleased to see so many people wanting to participate. So for the devil Louis wants to tryout and we've also got Nick who wants to try." Great, Nick can't act for shit. He actually likes Grimmy, he and his boyfriend used to hang out with him during lunch.

"Hey Tomlinson, I'm sure you want to have the lead role and I only do this for a bet so no need to be scared." Nick whispered next to me. Still he was scared. What if Nick is really better than him?

He got called to the front and started performing. He was so deep into my character, he didn't notice the dance class that was now also listening. Near the end of his performance Louis finally caught someone's eye - the eyes that have haunted him since he first saw them - with their usual pretty eyeliner and mascara. Harry was smiling so big and listening intensely Louis nearly forgot to continue but luckily no one noticed.

After finishing his performance Mrs. Scout clapped loudly and told Louis that he could climb down the stairs. Nick walked up next and started with his performance. He was better than Louis thought he would be, even if he stumbled over some sentences. By the end Louis clapped loudly for him and whistled a bit. Harry met his eyes and looked at him to which Louis shut up. He thought Harry looked confused, hurt? jealous even? He wasn't sure. So he send Harry a reassuring smile and a little wave. To which Harry blushed and put his head back down to hide his smile.