Chapter 05

You gazed at the blue screen for a moment, recalling your Dean's praise for his excellent performance in IT. The evidence was clearly before you. With one hand rifling through your files and the other typing vigorously, he seemed fully engrossed in his task. Finally, it looked like he had uncovered something useful on his computer.

"Here's what we've been searching for!" he exclaimed triumphantly, turning the computer towards you.

"Looks like we're ready to get started right away," you nodded in agreement, flipping through some of the pages to find blank ones in your book.

You and Jungkook were in your aunt's apartment, sitting on the couch in your living room with an awkward gap between you. You watched as Jungkook patiently read the instructions displayed on the screen.

But the lessons he was quoting didn't quite reach your mind because your thoughts were consumed by the fact that Jeon Jungkook, the college's heartthrob, was sitting right here in your apartment!

Somehow, Jimin, the other volunteer, didn't get the opportunity to privately tutor you, which you were more than grateful for. Your dean suggested that Jungkook would be better suited for the task, considering he was a star student. You couldn't agree more. While you might be biased in thinking that way, having your ultimate crush willingly tutor you made it impossible to contain your excitement. 'My hearteu. Oh my God!', you thought, feeling overwhelmed by the situation.

To your dismay, Jungkook saw that you weren't really paying attention. He narrowed his eyes and called you out on it.

"Y/N."

"Yes?" you smiled blinking your eyes innocently.

"Were you even listening to me?" he asked, quirking his eyebrow with a smirk.

"I definitely was... oh hey, look! 24 hits just popped up on the screen," you said, attempting to divert his attention.

He continued to smirk at you, but didn't bother to glance at his laptop where you were pointing with your finger. Instead, he leaned in slowly towards your face, not that close but close enough to hear the swoosh of his breathing and whispered, "I thought you were staring at me, or was I hallucinating?"

You swallowed anxiously. So he had been aware.

"Uh, no, I wasn't! I was just thinking over the quiz you gave me," you hurriedly tried to defend yourself, however you noticed him grinning as he diverted his eyes back to the screen. Fortunately, he chose not to comment on it any further.

"Um... I'll go get some drinks and snacks for us. What would you like?" you asked, feeling a bit lightheaded from the overload of studying.

"I'll take whatever," he replied, his eyes still fixed on the damn computer. He sure seemed fully committed to this whole tutoring thing. It made you feel a twinge of guilt because you weren't really paying much attention to the lessons he was throwing your way. Instead, you found yourself longing to just spend time with him in your own space.

Leaping to your feet, you hastened to the kitchen to whip up some instant coffee. Hoping his taste preferences were simple, considering you didn't have anything fancy to offer, you were confident you could impress with this. You just hoped your efforts didn't go to waste. You also hoped he wasn't a coffee connoisseur like yourself, which wouldn't be too bad actually, would it?... Now where's that creamer?

_____________

Jungkook P.O.V.

Occupied in doing his best to tutor you, he failed to take notice of the mysterious object that peaked out from your tiny backpack thanks to the less than favorable angle and placement of said object.