A spoon dropped

!TW!
Mentions of Su!c!d3, Kn!f3s, D3ath and Substance abuse
!TW!

A week later Alex is making hot chocolate in hs apartment for Lillith and himself when Lillith turns to him and asks "So you know how you need to be bitten to become a vampire... How did you get bitten?" Alex drops the spoon he was holding and it bashes across the floor all the way to Lillith's feet. She looks up at him and notices that a grave expression has appeared on his face. Lillith gushes, a little flustered, "Oh my, I'm so sorry, I didn't know it was a sensitive topic, you really don't have to tell me is you don't want to."

Alex walks over to her, "No, no, it's fine, I would need to tell you at some point anyways..." and he sits down next to her. "So, umm..." he coughs, "my last relationship was really toxic, we were constantly having arguments and our relationship was on and off." He lets out a sad sigh and Lillith reassuringly squeezes his hand. "Most of the time she was either high or drunk, but she had never physically hurt me... But there was one day that she came to my house, well the one I had at that time, and she started apologising. She apologised for everything that she did to me, but I could tell she was out of her mind, completely drunk and off her face." He stops talking for a second and then stammers "A- and she t- takes this knife out of h- her p- pocket a- a- and..." a tear slides down Alex's face. Lillith whispers "It's ok." and she wipes the tear away and kisses his cheek. After a minute or two he carries on, "and she stabs me... and starts cradling me, in her arms... She kissed me on the lips, and left me there to die."

"Apparently she jumped off a cliff right after." Lillith hugs him warmly and whispers "I'm so sorry about that." He smiles sadly, "at least she left the door open and the neighbours on the opposite side of the road saw and called the police. And luckily the police officer was a vampire, and when they saw how close I was to dying they bit me." Lillith, soaked in her tears that she couldn't hold back, tears up again "I really wish that you didn't have had to go through that." Alex holds her head in his hands "My little angel, you have to look at the bright side of things." He wipes the tears from her face and smiles, "I wouldn't have met you if that didn't happen, and if it meant that I would be with you for twice as long as we will then I would go through it all over again."

Lillith stares right into his eyes, "I will never let that happen to you ever again." Alex leans in and kisses her on her little nose, "I know you wont. Now, let's make the most of these, now cold, hot chocolates I made."