Chapter 4

^ Logan

Logan POV

Despite the pack house being filled with wolves, I ignored them. I was looking for her. I haven't been able to get her off my mind since we met at the school. I was hoping that she would be here, but with the rejection maybe she wasn't going to show.

As I began to give up all hope, I caught her in the corner of my eye looking stunning. Her curls were tamed and spilling down her bare back. She looked breath-taking.

Dancing with the boy from earlier, she was laughing as he moved her around the dance floor. I wanted to dance with her, hold her as he did. Something about this girl kept pulling me towards her. I started walking toward them when I heard someone growl. But my attention was still on her and she looked terrified as she began to run.

As I tried to follow her and the boy, I lost them in the crowd. Searching, I finally caught her scent and followed it to my mother's garden. As I walked up to them, I saw Connor. He was on top of the boy, holding him down as he attacked him. Andy tried to pull him off, but he hit her straight in the chest sending her flying towards a tree. I heard the thud as she collided with it, growling at my brother I went straight for him.

I had him pinned when he started yelling at her. She wasn't looking at him though, she was looking at me. Her eyes were filled with confusion as they stared at the two of us. Leaving Connor, I went to her and helped her up. Checking to see how badly she was hurt when I heard my brother growl again.

He's really starting to get on my nerves.

He started to grab for Andy, before I could pull him off, she beat me to it. She ran to the boy and knelt beside him. Was he her mate? He didn't appear to be rejecting her.

I saw Connor advancing on her again and readied myself to defend her when she started yelling at him. I could tell she had been pushed past her limit and honestly I couldn't blame her.

"Shut the hell up Connor, you don't get to order me around. You're rejecting me, remember?" "Even if you weren't you had no right to attack my brother. He did nothing to you."

Wait, she's Connor's mate? How in the hell did he get her? And why the hell is he rejecting her.

Connor started to yell back at her, but she just cut him off.

"My name is Andy you stupid dickhead. You've known me for years and you didn't bother to learn my name." For some reason I felt such pride for her. She not only put my brother in his place, but she was strong. She has been rejected and thrown across the garden and she wasn't showing any sign of weakness. It was impressive.

It was hot.

While watching her walk away, I decided to follow her. I had wanted to spend time with her since I met her, and it looks like this is my chance. I caught up with her just as she began to fall. Luckily I was fast and caught her before her head hit the stone.

When I had placed her on my bed in my room, I walked to grab the pack doctor who was at the party downstairs.

When the doctor came out of my room, he came over to me. "She's going to be okay, she hit her head, but I don't think she has a concussion, with all of the stress of the day I think her body just needs rest." I thanked him as he left.

Before going into the room again I mind linked her brother.

Your sister is doing okay. I have had a pack doctor check on her. It didn't take long for him to reply.

Thank you, Alpha, where is she?

She's safe in the pack house, I will keep her safe until she wakes.

Thank you, Alpha. He responded and then I cut off the link and went inside the room.

My brother will pay for what he's doing to this poor innocent girl.