Chapter 11

Andy POV

I walked as fast as I could, my whole body aching. I need to get home. I couldn't stay here.

Connor stopped me just as I reached the door, his hand gripping my arm.

"You think you can get away with this?" he sneered at me.

I can't take this anymore. I can't take being tied to this asshole anymore.

"Leave me alone Connor. If you're not going to be man enough to reject me, then I'll do it. I, Andrea Hale reject you, Connor Black as my mate." I said in a rush.

Immediately after saying those words, my heart ached. Connor staggered back clutching his chest, I forced myself to hold my head high as I walked out the door.

When I got home, I broke down. The weight of everything that just happened was too much for me, and I began to cry.

Alexi came rushing towards me. "Andy? What happened?" I felt his arms go around me, comforting me.

Between sobs, I managed to get out, "I rejected Connor and broke up with Logan." Alexi picked me up bridal style and carried me upstairs to my room. I was too tired to fight him, or complain.

That night, I cried in my brother's arms, missing Logan more than I could even understand was possible. More than I missed my own so called mate.

The Next couple of weeks were a blur of tears, chocolate, and Alexi's attempts to cheer me up, but nothing worked. My eyes filled with tears as I tried to forget about Logan, but I couldn't. After days upon days of self-pity, I got dressed and headed out the door.

I wanted to see Logan. Living so close to him was killing me, and I couldn't bear it anymore. Regardless of the consequences, I can't live without him.

I was about to walk through our front door when my mother's voice stopped me.

"Andrea? Is that you?" I could hear the surprise in her voice. I couldn't blame her. I haven't left my room in over a week.

"Hey mum, I was just leaving." I replied, walking into the kitchen.

She was making dinner. Her long red hair was in a messy bun and her baggy trousers were covered in flour from cooking. This look was normal for her; she was never one to care about looking proper or perfect. She always told me that she never trusted anyone who said they enjoyed looking perfect every day.

"I'm glad you're feeling better sweetie. This letter was delivered this morning for you."

Once I had the letter, I said my goodbyes and headed for my car, sitting in the driveway and opening my mail.

Dear Miss Hale,

In reviewing your application, I am pleased to offer you a place in our music course here at Manchester University. This course will start in September, but I would like to offer you a place in our summer program. It may be of interest to you.

Oh My God... I got in. I never thought I would. My top school is offering me a spot on the other side of the country.

Maybe this is a sign.