Chapter 8

Logan POV

I tried to wrap my head around everything, as I walked to my room. Was she supposed to be mine? If I hadn't left, if I had stayed in town.

If I hadn't been so stupid, why did I leave.

Logan hel... My heart pounded as I sensed her fear. I felt my wolf howled in my head.

Without thinking, I began to run.

I knew where the beta lived, I just had to hope she was at home. The moment I reached the door, I could smell blood, a lot of blood. I barrelled through the door, splitting it in half, as I went straight through it. I didn't care about the damage, I just wanted to get to her.

Please be okay, please.

Her body was completely still, with so much blood, I was sure she was dead. Her body looked so broken. I knelt beside her and picked up her head, placing it in my lap. I felt tears streaming down my face, but I didn't care. She was dead. I had lost her before I even got a chance to know her. Then she moved, just slightly, and said a word that made my heart leap.

"Logan." Her eyes were swollen shut and I don't think she knew I was here, but she called out for me. She called for me. Standing up I carried her as carefully as I could to the pack hospital.

After I arrived, the doctors began to run towards us, and I had to place her on a bed, while they got to work. I didn't want to let go of her, how could I let her go?

"Alpha, what happened to her?" the doctor asked me.

I replied, my voice breaking, "I have no idea she was like that when I arrived."

Eventually I was told to leave as they started to undress her to get to the rest of her wounds. I didn't want to leave her, but I obliged and went to the waiting room. My heart ached, and everything inside of me wanted to run to her side. Instead, I decided to contact my father, I needed a distraction.

Father! Someone attacked Andy.

What? Is she okay? My father responded almost instantly.

I don't know. I got her to the pack hospital but it's bad.

I'm on my way, I'll inform Sam. He said before I cut of the connection and waited.

It wasn't long before the waiting room filled up, Andy's parents and Alexi were here within minutes. Mrs Jackson was in tears as her mate held her up, Alexi headed straight for me.

"What the hell happened?" My wolf didn't like anyone demanding something of us, being an Alpha meant he didn't take any disrespect. However, I knew he was just worried about his sister, so holding back my growling wolf I tried to explain.

"I don't know, she was on the floor when I got there. Someone attacked her." I confessed. I saw my mother and father enter the waiting room, my mother going straight to Mrs Jackson.

My father looked at us, his eyes looked almost defeated as he walked towards myself and Alexi.

"I sent some warriors to look in your house to see what they could find. They found that at least four members of the pack broke in but did not steal anything. They came for Andy."

Beta Jackson let out an enraged growl, causing all of us to flinch. My father put his arm around his friend, trying to keep him calm.

"Why? Why would someone want to hurt her?"

My father sighed, as he sat beside his mate, pulling the beta to sit beside him.

"I have no idea Sam, but I promise I will do everything I can to find out."

What felt like hours later, one of the doctors came over to us.

"She's stable, but her wounds are serious, she has multiple broken ribs, a fractured skull, a severe concussion and a punctured lung. Her wolf is trying to heal her, but I think it's exhausted."

"But she's going to be alright?" I asked.

"Yes, she's going to be in tremendous pain and will most likely heal slowly but she will live."

"Can we see her?" Mrs Jackson asked.

"Yes, just make sure not to wake her. She needs rest."

I watched them walk into her room, wishing I could go with them. They're her family, so I restrained myself, because I was nothing to her.

I'm not her mate, her family. I don't even know if she considers me a friend we haven't known each other long.

After a while of sitting in silence I felt a hand on my shoulder, I looked up to see a worried Alexi, his eyes soft as he smiled down at me.

"You are welcome to go into the room, we're going to take my mother home." Giving him a grateful hug, I left him and went to Andy's room. Grabbing Andy's hand, and sitting down in a chair next to the bed, I leant my head on the edge of the bed. My body was already asleep before I realised it.