Chapter3:Choking Mechanism

Hi❤️
All rights reserved.
Enjoy.
-malayjahthewriter

"This tastes like heaven." Nolan moaned, as he stuffed pasta into his mouth.

The man had alfredo sauce covering his lips, and didn't seem to have a care in the world.

Nathan laughed at his brother."You're acting like you haven't eaten in weeks."

"My dinner last night was literally food from a vending machine. Please don't disturb me."

The restaurant was very lively that Saturday night.

People were all around giggling and chatting with their loved ones and friends. Enjoying the good food, and the homey atmosphere.

Nolan had always loved coming to his mothers restaurant, even as a child. He loved the sense of unity and family it exuded.

"Ladies and gentlemen, I hope you're enjoying the night." Angela, still in her apron, stood on the little stage at the very front of the restaurant.

It was just in front of the window, and was decorated with various lights and flowers. Next to her, sitting upon a seat was a young guitarist.

"My lovely son Nolan is here, and will be singing for us." She smiled, motioning towards his booth.

Upon feeling the burning gazes of strangers, Nolan quickly grabbed a napkin, and cleared the sauce from his mouth. He sent his mother a scowl before he furiously tucked his hair behind his ears.

"Come on baby."

"Yea, go on baby." Nathan teased, seeing a subtle blush cover his cheeks.

Nolan walked through the tables, politely returning all the smiles the customers were giving him. Once he reached the stage, he took the microphone from his mother.

"Hello everyone."

Lots of hoots and hollers from all around sounded around the room. Nolan nodded at them all before turning to the guitarist sitting on the stool. He leaned in close, and whispered something into his ear as light chatter erupted into anticipation.

"That's Mrs. Evans' son, Nolan." Jaxton listened closely to a group of girls near his booth as they talked about his employee.

"He's so cute isn't he? I come here everyday just to see him. He's almost never here."

"So handsome." One woman purred, fanning herself with her hand. "I heard he-"

"Shhh..he's starting."

The man on the guitar strummed away on his instrument, silencing the crowd. His fingers were gentle across the strings. It was a very delightful sound, a very enticing noise indeed.

Nolan, giving the woman in the restaurant something to gush about, did a little dance. He swayed to the music, in a rather humorous way, clearly enjoying himself.

The guitarist stopped his strumming for a brief moment just so Nolan could sing the first line...

"Put your head on my shoulder." Nolan sang out each lyric beautifully. The customers gave praises in the form of clapping upon hearing the first word from his mouth.

He smiled, and headed down the stage as the guitarist picked back up the tune.

He strutted his way over to his brother's booth as he sang.

Nolan ruffled his brother's hair, and teasingly pinched his cheek.

Jaxton could barely contain his surprise when the man he knew as Mr. Evans, trotted about the restaurant. His voice was nothing less than an angelic, and his interactions with the people were nothing less than natural.