Chapter1: Trashed Dinner

Holy Shit.
New story. Wow.
I'm excited.
These characters are some of my favorites. Please enjoy.
All rights reserved.❤️
-malayjahthewriter

Nolan slumped his head against his steering wheel early Monday morning. There was at least an hour before his work actually started, but he was asked to come in early.

Asked is a stretch.

He was ordered to get to work early, or else he'd be fired.

Just as Nolan did every morning, he repeatedly banged his head across the steering wheel. Once he felt that his skull was on the brink of shattering, Nolan ceased his movements, and incoherently mumbled a prayer

"God." He began his prayer. "How's it going?"

Nolan took a deep breath before continuing.

"Please give me strength." He begged. "And God, if it isn't too much to ask, please hit that bastard Mr. Wright with a bus."

His work itself was tiresome, but his boss made it all the more worse.

Before Nolan could sign off with an Amen, there was a loud knock on his window.

Jaxton Wright.

Nolan often thought that his name didn't suit him at all. Mr. Wright, as ironic as it seems, was often wrong.

Nolan could recall each and every time the bastard had been wrong, since he personally had to pay for it.

The pounding on the window continued, until Nolan finally rolled it down.

"Mr. Evans." Jaxton spat out his name as if it was a tart piece of candy.

That warm british accent that most women gushed over couldn't be heard by Nolan. To him, his voice was redundant, and annoying.

"This is no time for sleep Mr. Evans, you should have gotten a full eight hours before you got here."

He stood at an astonishing six foot three, and had a grossly perfect figure. He was an attractive man, Nolan gave him that, but his personality dragged his looks through the dirt.

What was even more annoying were those grey eyes of his. He always felt as if they were draining the life out of him.The man had beautiful light brown skin, and his fine hair was cut short.

"Sorry, sir."

"The report I sent you last night better be on my desk within ten minutes, along with a coffee, and breakfast."

What ticked Nolan off the most about his boss, was the fact that he treated him as if he was his assistant.

Nolan was the manager of the sales team, which just so happened to work underneath the CEO. So along with Nolan's gruesome tasks as manager, he had to deal with the petty tasks Jaxton  decided to give him.

"Okay."

"Mr. Evans, I'd like for you to take your job a bit more seriously, in the future. Sleeping in your car, instead of getting to work. It's quite unprofessional."

Jaxton turned on his heel, and proceeded into the building.

"Fuckwhore." Nolan cursed at him, grabbing the eggs benedict and his black coffee.

The dedicated employee had to drive forty-five minutes to get Jaxton's breakfast, and still arrive an hour early before his own work even started.

Sighing, Nolan got out of his car, closing the door behind him and headed into the building. It had been roughly six months since he had started working for the company.