Chapter one

Caroline's POV:

After Stefan's death I began to spiral. All my thoughts were filled with my past. I constantly zone out during the day and never pay attention due to the amount of thoughts that bombard me. All I can think about is what if. What if Stefan hadn't died? What if I never had the twins? What if Klaus never came to mystic falls? What if I was never a vampire? What if I got to choose the most important life decision of my life?

After months of this I finally got fed up and went to Bonnie. "Bonnie, please help me." I begged. "What's wrong? Is everything ok? Are the girls ok?" Bonnie questioned with concern. "They're fine, it's me that needs the help. I can't help but think about what my life would be like if I wasn't a vampire, or if I got to choose to be human or vampire." I said voicing my problems. "Oh Care." Bonnie whispered before pulling me into a hug. "It'll be ok. I can take you back in time. I'll go with you so I can help if needed." Bonnie offered. "You can do that?" I asked not certain. "Yeah, I'd do this for you, and I can change Enzo's fate." Bonnie said with a hopeful smile. "But the twins." I said not wanting to leave them. "I can help you with having them once we become stable in the past." Bonnie said. "Let's do it!" I exclaimed. "But we have to be a little distant at first and build our relationship up to what we are now. If you remember we weren't as close as we are now." Bonnie said. "Ok, I can do that." I replied with a smile.

Bonnie smiled before leaving and grabbing all the ingredients we needed. Appearing back into the room Bonnie put a bowl onto the floor with herbs, a knife, and a liquid next to it before placing her grimoire in front of the bowl. She then sat down and began to mix everything together before grabbing a knife from the floor and cut her hand letting it bleed into the bowl before handing me the knife to do the same. Once finished Bonnie grabbed my hands and began to chant her spell from the grimoire. Once finished she grabbed the bowl and looked at me. "Now we need to drink this." Bonnie said lifting the bowl before drinking half of it and passed it to me. After a moment of silence I looked to Bonnie, my hope slowly crushing by the second. I opened my mouth but was cut off by the wind whipping around the room and Bonnie passing out. I got to my knees and moved to her. I began to shake her. "Bonnie?" I yelled before my vision began to blacken. Before passing out I heard my body thud to the ground next to Bonnie.

Bonnie's POV:

After a moment of darkness my eyes began to open before shutting quickly due to the very bright light. After a few moments I opened my eyes slowly and looked around. I was back in my old room from high school. Before I could do anything a beeping began to ring out into the room. After calming from the sudden sound I turned to my alarm clock and hit the snooze button before getting out of my bed. Looking around my room I spotted my phone and grabbed it. Looking at the dates read September 10, 2009. Groaning, I trudged to my bathroom and began to take a shower.

After my lovely shower, I wrapped my towel securely around my body and went out into my room. I walked to my closet and opened it. In the middle was the outfit I had chosen to wear but I quickly discarded it and began to search for a different outfit. I quickly found out that I hated all my clothes but I had to suck it up until I could go out and buy new ones. After searching my closet I finally found a black short sleeved shirt and grabbed it. I guess this is all I got. I laid it out on my bed and went to my drawer and grabbed a pair of jeans, a bra, and a pair of panties to wear. I then grabbed my shirt and went to my bathroom to make sure no vampire could potentially see my body and to brush my teeth.

After changing into my clothes I began to style my hair. I decided to pull it into a half up half down hairdo. After finishing my hair I went back into my room and found a pair of shoes that would match my outfit. I then tied my shoe laces and approached my vanity mirror and grabbed a gold necklace off of my jewelry holder. I then flipped it around my neck and began to try to clip the clasp onto the other end of the necklace. I don't know how some people do it so easily. After fighting a couple of minutes I finally got it to clamp onto the other side and turned my necklace around to face the right way.

After making sure I had everything I grabbed my purse and backpack. I then rushed myself downstairs and began to make breakfast. I grabbed some Eggo waffles and popped them into my toaster before grabbing a plate, fork, and syrup. Placing everything down I stood next to the toaster and waited for the waffles to pop up. While waiting I got pulled into my thoughts. I hope Caroline is ok. I know how shocked I was waking up even if this whole thing was planned. While thinking my waffles popped up and scared me making me jump in shock. "Dear bloody Jesus!" I exclaimed before grabbing them and placing them on my plate and grabbing the syrup. I opened the syrup top and poured it on my waffles. After I was satisfied with the amount I stopped and began to dig into my breakfast. I scarfed all my food down and placed the plate, and fork into the sink before putting the syrup away. I then grabbed my bag and left to the front door. I quickly grabbed my keys and left my house. I ran to my car and unlocked it before hopping in and leaving the driveway.

Caroline's POV:

Waking up in my room without hearing anything or smelling anything scared me. I quickly sat up and looked around. My old room? I spotted my mirror in the corner of my room and rushed to it. "Oh my god." I whispered touching my face. "It worked!" I exclaimed jumping around. I'm back to human. After my excited outburst I looked around for my room. I found my phone charging on my nightstand and grabbed it. The first thing I noticed was all the texts and then the date. September 10, 2009. It's really happening. I'm in the past. I then saw the time and began to rush. I looked to my closet and found a cute enough outfit and went to my bathroom. I took a shower and began to change my clothes. Walking out of the bathroom in my clothes while drying my hair I grabbed a pair of heels and put them on. Once finished I went back into the bathroom to blow dry my hair and brush my teeth.

I quickly finished and went down stairs to see my mom already gone. I shrugged and went into the kitchen and began to make myself some breakfast. Afterwards I grabbed my bag and car keys and went to my car. I got into my car and place my bag in the passenger seat and started my car before backing out of my driveway heading to school.
~~~~~~~~~~~
I would like to give credit to raaliyocadeey5 for giving me this amazing idea.