Chapter three

Caroline's POV:

As the day began I began to think about my choices in coming back to the past. I mean, is this right? Should I have done this without talking to anyone but Bonnie? What if I mess everything up? "Nu-uh, nope. We aren't doing that." Bonnie said pulling me from my thoughts. "Doing what?" I asked. "That self monologue. Stop overthinking, it's bad for your health." Bonnie said making me laugh. "Fine, but you have to distract me." I said. "Ok, how about we talk about Vicki. Do we want to save her or keep it the same?" Bonnie asked me. "We should try to at least save her. If she is meant to die then inevitably she will, but if we save her from Damon and she stays alive then we have our answer." I replied. "That works with me." Bonnie said before walking to her closet and grabbing clothes. "Now, this or this?" Bonnie asked while holding clothes up. "Definitely the one on the right." I said.

        —————Time Skip—————

Walking down the halls of Mystic Falls High school with Bonnie beside me, we were conversing about the stress of school and how we hated to be back here. As we walked we had accidentally bumped into Elena and Stefan. "Hey, what are you guys doing after school?" Elena asked. "Um, I'm doing nothing other than having Bonnie drop me off at my house. Why?" I asked as Bonnie nodded with me. "I was hoping we could go to the grill and just, I don't know, talk." Elena said. "Yeah, I'm down." I said. "I'll join too." Bonnie said smiling. "Cool. Ok, see you guys later." Elena said before she and Stefan walked away. Bonnie and I continued down the hall to our classes.

After school had finished I got a ride with Bonnie to the grill. "Well, I was talking to grams, and she said the comet is a sign of impending doom. The last time it passed over Mystic Falls, there was a lot of death. So much blood and carnage, it created a bed of paranormal activity." Bonnie said as we were sat at our table. "That's really cool actually. Who would of thought anything paranormal about Mystic Falls?" I said half joking sending a wink at Bonnie making her chuckle. "Ok, moving away from the paranormal, what else happened?" I asked Elena. "Nothing." Elena answered. "You and Stefan talked all night? There wasn't anything else you did? I mean come on, what could you possibly talk about that would last all night?" I asked with genuine curiosity. I mean, really? A teenager does not have enough of an attention span to focus that long. "No, we just talked. Some people can hangout with each other without jumping each other's bones, Care." Elena said. "No offense, Elena, but I was more referring to the fact that teens don't have a long attention span. So, respectfully, fuck you for automatically thinking I was talking about sex." I said pissed off that all she thinks of me is that.

"Care- I didn't..." Elena said before I cut her off with talking to Bonnie. "Did your grams say anything else?" I asked ignoring Elena. "Um, not really. She really only talks to me about the paranormal and supernatural when she's drunk." Bonnie said. "Oh, well, anything interesting going on other than being a psychic?" I asked. "Well, there is the... you know." Bonnie said sending me a wink. "Oh, yeah. How's that going for you?" I asked hoping she was happy. "It's... it's good. I love spending time with grams." Bonnie said with a happy smile. We both then got distracted with a scraping of a chair on the concrete. We both looked up to see Elena standing. "Where are you going?" Bonnie asked. "To see Stefan. I have to make a move, or something." Elena said before grabbing her purse and walking away from us. "I love her, but I also hate her." I said rolling my eyes. "Come on you don't mean that." Bonnie said to me. "Yeah, I kinda do. I mean think about it. Everything that happened to us all, it revolves around Elena. Maybe it's the teen hormones, but I can't help but hate her just a little bit." I said looking at Bonnie. "I mean your not wrong, but she is our friend." Bonnie said. "Fine, I'll try to not hate her." I said rolling my eyes before we continued our evening. We eventually split apart and went home.

"Mom?" I said confused. "Hey honey." Mom said to me. "What are you doing here so early?" I asked. "I figured we could have a mom and daughter day." Mom said smiling. "Ok, um... why the sudden change?" I asked curiously. "I just feel like it's been long enough that we aren't close." Mom said smiling. "You want to binge watch our favorite shows?" I asked as I sat on the couch beside her. "Sure." Mom said.