chapter 3

Jade POV

Why, did this have to happen, what did I do to deserve this. It's all Jed's fault, he did this to me back in school, I should've left him before it was too late. The only way for him to leave me alone now is if he breaks up with me. He must've noticed I zoned out, because he elbowed me in the place where a bruise had formed. My head snapped up and my eyes met Perrie's who looked at me confusedly, I smiled lightly at her trying to reassure myself that she wouldn't suspect anything.

No one, not even my mam believes me that Jed is abusive. I tried breaking up with him a while back, it just ended up with me being unable to walk from how hard he kicked me for 3 weeks. If I try telling the media, Jed would turn things around and put the blame on me. He could destroy my life with just one interview, I wouldn't be able to be hired anywhere, all my friends would definitely turn their backs on me as would my family.

'How've you been?' I looked up at Perrie again to see her looking directly at me, 'good, good.' I tried to reply in the least shaky tone I could muster, I failed, but it didn't seem as if Jed had noticed but Perrie had. She squinted at me and was about to say something when Simon stood up and told us he'd be back with refreshments soon. Jed had wanted to go to the bathroom as did Otto so only Perrie an I were left. 'Uhm, could I get your number? I want to stay in contact,' she gave me a nervous grin, 'Yea sure, give me your phone,' I quickly typed my number in and put my contact as -Jade Thirlwall- before she could change it to anything else that might make Jed angry if he saw.

As I handed the phone back to her, she pouted when she saw that I had already typed my name in, 'damn, Jade, ripped me off of the opportunity to put your name as something cheesy,' she laughed light-heartedly while I tried to keep a smile on my face. I need to tell her what really happened in school. I can't keep this in any longer, she deserves the truth.

'Pez, I have something I need to tell you.' She peered at me curiously, so I continued knowing I had her full attention, 'It's, uhm, it's about what happened in school.' Her face hardened all of a sudden, 'There's nothing to be said Jade, we can be friends right now I don't want to bring back the past,' she snapped at me. 'Please give me 5 minutes to explain everything, then your can decide what you want, please.' Perrie looked like she was thinking hard, 'fine,' she caved, 'you have 5 minutes, go.'

I took a deep breath, here we go...

A/N

Aye, hope you enjoyed! Leave a comment, or maybe some wild theories of what happened in school! 😉

Next chapter soon!

~T 🤍